Good USB Hand Warmers

thedawnarts

Gets pretty cold in my room at night and just simply want a hand warmer, any recommendations?

Thanks!

get an R9 295X2

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 minute ago, GDRRiley said:

get an R9 295X2

Aren't those pretty rare by this point? And if one can be found, they're usually pretty expensive.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Aren't those pretty rare by this point? And if one can be found, they're usually pretty expensive.

400-500$. not that rare on ebay 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

get a pair of wool gloves

a knit cap or a sweater, good pants, shoes, idk that should work

if that's not enough a small heater to put in your desk, I have one but only use it when it's below 0C outside

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

6 minutes ago, thedawnarts said:

Hate you guys hahaaha

USB hand warmers do exist, just find a good one that has positive reviews.

Honestly though, if you plan on using a PC while keeping your hands warm, you might be better off with gloves or some other form of heater.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

That's a symptom of bad blood circulation. Exercise your hands a little when it happens until the blood starts to flow in them again.

Are your arms resting on the edge of the desk or another surface that could be cutting off the blood flow to your hands? It's really easy to do and you maybe won't notice you're doing it.

Having a USB hand warmer while at the same time using your hands to game on the PC just doesn’t make any sense to me. Therefore, as I’ve said before, exercise your hands, with like a soft ball that you can crush to get the blood flowing, or a more simple solution would be to get fingerless gloves.

I'm not sure a good one can actually exist simply by nature of the concept.  You'd have a battery encased in heaters, which is pretty much the worst case scenario for a battery's lifespan.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

32 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm not sure a good one can actually exist simply by nature of the concept.  You'd have a battery encased in heaters, which is pretty much the worst case scenario for a battery's lifespan.

Or it might just get power directly over USB...which i can't imagine would be very effective given the power limits of USB

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

22 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Or it might just get power directly over USB...which i can't imagine would be very effective given the power limits of USB

True.  I hadn't thought of that but unless it's designed to work with a good phone charger that can do 2+ amps, it's not going to get much (PC ports typically are only 500 mA in my experience)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Gloves would interfere with typing. You're probably better off getting a small heater. But if you really want gloves, try looking at heated motorcycle gear. 

I have an R9 390 and the game ghost of a tale seems to be able to use 100% if the GPU as it’s the only and to truly make my room burning hot. It might be cheaper than finding an R9 295X2. 

a good benchmark on an AMD gpu should work wonders if not the NVIDIA 7800. 

If you have a microwave, microwaving water will boil it swiftly if you’ve a way to not burn yourself. Also they make microwaveable pillows that will become hot and retain the heat for a while.