Is there a media player for PC that will play large avi files?

I've tried both VLC, Media Pro S, and neither one will play large avi files(over 100Gb) from After Effects. Is there an app for PC that will? Thank you in advance.

8 minutes ago, Ripper7620 said:

I've tried both VLC, Media Pro S, and neither one will play large avi files(over 100Gb) from After Effects. Is there an app for PC that will? Thank you in advance.

4 minutes ago, NinJake said:

mpc-hc?

whenever VLC doesn't work for me this is my goto

29 minutes ago, NinJake said:

mpc-hc?

Thank you very much for the reply and suggestion, I appreciate it.

30 minutes ago, TheWiseGuy said:

Why not convert the file to something Media Player can play.

I'm working on doing that, but with retaining the highest quality possible for H.264. Truth be told, I'm trying to learn After Effects on my own, and haven't bothered to watch any video tutorials.

12 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

PotPlayer and GOM Player. Forget about VLC.

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it, and will check those out.

If that not help, you can try Splayer. It has settings for low-end computers that may help you to play super big files on new computer. It's not the best program, but may be install as last chance, just in case.

Remond me again, what sort of bit rate are we dealing with here and what h.264 settings were used? Certain h.264 profiles have never had proper gpu support (looking at you 10-bit h.264), and even then, gpu acceleration is only good up to a predetermined bit rate (depending on GPU). In VLC, these can crash the player if it isn't allowed (in settings) to fall back on software.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

In VLC everything may crash. It's the best video player for people, who using only one video player - VLC - and never try anything else. Change to different program and most of video playing problems will be gone.

11 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Remond me again, what sort of bit rate are we dealing with here and what h.264 settings were used? Certain h.264 profiles have never had proper gpu support (looking at you 10-bit h.264), and even then, gpu acceleration is only good up to a predetermined bit rate (depending on GPU). In VLC, these can crash the player if it isn't allowed (in settings) to fall back on software.

So far, I haven't found an option in After Effects to render to an H.264 codec, I don't know the bit rate of the large avi files, but a 5 min 4K(4096X2160) clip turns out to about 125Gb, but I've since switched to an MOV output codec, and am getting ready to try it.