Project Codename: Iron Man (NZXT Phantom 410 Build)

Silver3lement

My Story.

For years I was purchasing the cheapest computer parts possible and trying to make it work at an enthusiast level. Until one day I saw a video from LinusTechTips that inspired me to say no more. Here are the results...of which a few parts are going to be upgraded to a higher level component

CPU: Intel i7 3770k OC'd to 4.2 Ghz

Water Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ Corsair SP120 x2

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-LK

GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 560Ti OC to 925 GPU Clock- To be upgraded to an 800 series card

Ram: 16gb G-Skill Trident X 2400Mhz

PSU: EVGA NEX 750G 750w 80+ Gold

SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 60GB- To be upgraded to a Samsung 840 Evo 250GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda LP 1TB

Case: Modded/Painted/Vinyl NZXT Phantom 410 Red w/ Corsair AF120, AF140 & Bitfenix Spectre Pro Blue

Lighting: Logisys Blue Cold Cathode Fluorescent Tubes

Monitor: Viewsonic LCD 27" Mounted & Samsung LED 24"

Speakers: 506z Logitech 5.1 Channel

Peripherals: Logitech G500s Mouse, Logitech G710+, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma, Speed/Control Mousepad

Desk: Custom wall mounted

Final Pics and my build progress video to be updated on Jan. 8th, provided the parts arrive as per tracking numbers

You may notice a difference of water cooling, from a budget Water 2.0 Performer to the H100i, my second last upgrade before my graphics card. Next build I'm thinking....All white :)

Will get better shots when I get home from work again, after some more cable management and all the new parts

Cool build! Never thought a phantom build could actually look good :P

Life.exe is missing

Should have made the inside blue. ;)

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Re-do of the colour scheme and parts is mostly done, pictures coming soon :)

Stoked! Love Iron Man, can you tell?

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

• 2 weeks later...

what did you use to paint the parts grey?

nice build btw

what did you use to paint the parts grey?

nice build btw

I'm assuming you meant gold and not grey lol, I used a brand called Liquitex. Its a professional grade spray paint. I also recently upgraded to a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 770 Windforce 3X OC  too :), will be running in SLI later this year when I can get another for my birthday. I've already spent $1800 over about 2 years to get it to this point, I think my girlfriend can help me out a bit haha.

That looks awesome :D The only thing I don't like are the decals on the side and the... *shudders* ...case badges

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

As an Iron Man fan boy (Robert Downey Jr. fanboy actually, he's a great guy) I approve :D

EDIT: I just noticed that fan cover thing inside.  That's amazingly perfect  for this build.

Edited by CJPowell27

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/