Italian Wikipeida obscured to inform about EU vote

Wikipidia Italy is blocked to inform people about the new EU copyright laws that will be voted on the july 5. This new law is going to limit freedom on the intenet according to multiple sources

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Comunicato_3_luglio_2018/en

The directive instead of updating the copyright laws in Europe and promoting the participation of all the citizens to the society of information, threatens online freedom and creates obstacles to accessing the Web, imposing new barriers, filters and restrictions.

Accordig to the wikipedia page this new law has a lot off opposer, wich also include the inventor of the web Tim Berners-Lee

The proposal has already been firmly opposed by over 70 computer scientists, among them the creator of the Web Tim Berners-Lee (source), 169 academics and scholars (source), 145 organization working in the fields of human rights, press freedom, scientific research and tech industry (source), and the Wikimedia Foundation, the non-profit organization who promotes, among others, this free encyclopedia (here).

The most controvertial articles of the copyright laws are number 11 and number 13, which will limit the freedom of the internet.

We call on all Members of the European Parliament to vote against the current text, reopen the discussion and reconsidering the numerous proposal from Wikimedia associations, starting from eliminating the articles 11 and 13, as well as the extension of freedom of panorama to the whole UE and the protection of public domain.

I find it interesting that some of these petitions aren't addressing the exact issues in the directive. The academics against press publishers right does seem to, Which I would expect  given it's mostly academics and it addresses article 11 only.  however the trade professionals who have addressed article 13 have made claims that are not present in the directive, which can lead to their whole argument being ignored by politicians.   

There was a similar petition by the MADE to exempt abandoned online games from DMCA and copyright infringement that failed.  They also made arguments that were easily dismissed or did not address the issues pragmatically.  I can se this going the same way.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Spanish Wikipedia is blocked too. Funny: there's no "ok, I read the message" or "Continue with my life" option. There's the message and nothing else. Makes me want to buy Encarta.

Breaking news: Amount of homework handed in by students in Italy drops drastically.

MEP's have rejected the Copyright Directive in it's current form and sent it back for further review/revision to be voted on again in September:

MEPs reject controversial copyright law (BBC Link)

Looks like the music industries latest wheeze has been rejected for the time being :)

12 hours ago, davrosG5 said:

MEP's have rejected the Copyright Directive in it's current form and sent it back for further review/revision to be voted on again in September:

MEPs reject controversial copyright law (BBC Link)

Looks like the music industries latest wheeze has been rejected for the time being :)

Point your derision toward the movie and game industry.  The music industry has actually been severely hurt by internet piracy.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Those are some hilarious spicy tags you have there. Wikipedia and internet freedom...and McDonald's cures obesity. ?