144Hz monitor flickering/artifacting

Epiceleon

When I built a new pc I attached it to the monitor with a dp cable and got this weird flickering and artifacting on 144hz and only 144 hz(120 works fine). This problem later fixed itself without me trying to fix it at all somehow. But then I got hit with a windows update last night and I wake up top find that this problem is happening again

I dont think it is a faulty dp cable because it worked just fine for a solid 2-3 months before this update.

Any fixes?

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

Somehow I read this post right after yours: 

The situation seams to be you problem. The poster said low reviews on high refresh rate DP cables including artifacting.

I think your cable might hit it's limit at 120 hertz and there is compression required to send more hertz through it.

20 minutes ago, elfishz said:

I think your cable might hit it's limit at 120 hertz and there is compression required to send more hertz through it.

it worked at 144hz for 2-3 months before this

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

having a similair issue, i dont think the cable is the cause as i tried both with the stock cable and a cable i got on amazon that was well rewieved and rated for 144hz

edit: actually i think its the exact same issue

edit 2: got a replacement monitor and yet another cable from asus just now and same issue is showing, its likely either a driver or some other software that causes it

Edited by LordOfTheCows