Old Games Worth Replaying

Liam-Wabbit

bloodryne 

Cpu:I7-3770|motherboard:msi z77 MPower|Ram:G-Skill Sniper 1866|Graphics:Evga 650ti SSC|Boot drive:128gb Samsung 840|Data drive:2 tb Seagate 7200 Case:Fractal Design R4|Power supply: corsair cs 750m|OS:Windows 7 home Premium|keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013| mouse: Razer Death Adder chroma

All the MGS games.

All the GTAs, including top-downs

Crash bandicoot.

Portal 1 + 2

GW2

Fallout 3

Skyrim

Oblivion

Fable 1 + 2

HL 1 + 2 + episodes

Hitman 2

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Easily hands down Need for Speed: Underground 2. That was one hell of an ultimate game.

Out Run for Atari ST = Genuine old game that was fun  :o

Pretty much all of the really good games have been mentioned yet.

I'd like to add: day of the tentacle.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Any one remember this cool game on the Amiga :P

Fire & Ice

The KotORs

MGS 

Neverwinter Nights

Baldur's Gate(s)

Icewind Dale(s)

Sacred

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

1. Commander and conquer generals

2. Age of empires 2

3. Battlefield 1942 (it is free)

4. Swat 4

5. Re-Volt

Halo: CE

Morrowind

Oblivion
Deus Ex

Splinter Cell Series

Ghost Recon Series (before Advanced Warfighter came out)

I've been playing it in 1080p really smooth

If I remember correctly back in the 90s half life was one of the few games to natively support widescreen.

Final Fantasy iv (4). theres a remake for nintendo ds and iphone as well as the old roms floating around.

i spent 15$ on the remake and im a cheap bastard n  had no remorse probly find it cheaper though the original is cool to just like the updated controls

FreeLancer was a cool game back in the day, still worth a play

Battlefield Bad Company 1(On Xbox 360 :/ ) Crysis 2 (for sure!), GRAW 2, Farcry 1 & 2, DMC Devil May Cry (all of them, although there is like *zero* story in them :P ), Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 & Black Ops, Half Life 1&2, Metro 2033, TES IV Oblivion and TES V Skyrim, Bioshock 1&2 (especially at night and stuff, I did this with my GF back then and that's pretty sweet to be honest :D ) in addition to Bioshock: FEAR series, also great to do the same as Bioshock with.

And last, but TOTALLY NOT least; The Halo series, Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach and Halo 4, I gotta confess that I personally enjoyed the Halo series on the Xbox and the X360 the best of all! (ikr, consoles suck, but thought......worth playing!)

Okay, this is chaotic as hell, BUT I DON'T GIVE A DAMN! :P

1) Fallout 1 & 2

2) Warcraft 1 (just because it brings back memories)

3) Ultima 7 (haha love stacking up those boxes to get to the secret room)

4) Monkey Island (for the LoLs)

5) Lemmings 

Seems like more 4x games are being released in next year or so, I would suggest Master of Orion 2 for a 4x master piece.

Then play Master of Orion 3 and see how not to make a 4x game (once you understand MoO3, it's not that bad a game but way too complicated).

Beach Head 2000

greatest game for me back when i was a kid.

AMD Athlon 64 x2 3600+ | Asus M2N68-AM SE2 | 3gb ddr2 | Orion 600w | Sapphire HD5570

doom series and gta SA

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

1. Diablo II
  2. Doom 1 & 2
  3. Baldur's Gate
  4. Icewind Dale
  5. Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall
  6. Deus Ex
  7. Divine Divinity
  8. Ultima Online
  9. Gothic 1 & 2
  10. X-Com Enemy Unknown
  11. Planescape: Torment
  12. Betrayal at Krondor
  13. Quest for Glory series
  14. Silent Storm
  15. Freedom Force

If you want any more recommendations, feel free to pm me ^_^

Never got into Half-Life. Can't be that good can it?

It's an amazing game, definitely worth playing!

CPU: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3 @ 1150 MHz core/6300 MHz memory | Motherboard: Some crap OEM H67 mATX board | RAM: 16GB Patriot G2 Series Division 4 @ 1333 MHz | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i | Mouse: CM Storm Inferno | Keyboard: crap OEM keyboard (Soon to be replaced with a CM Storm Quickfire TK) | Headphones: Audiotechnica ATH-M50's | Speakers: Corsair SP2500's

I was thinking i wouldnt handle the look of graphics not my PC, wasn't there some rework called Black Messa or something?

If you really can't stand the graphics in Half-Life, definitely check out Black Mesa. It's a fan-made remake made in the source engine. It's an amazing mod, and best of all, it's free as long as you own a Source engine game.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3 @ 1150 MHz core/6300 MHz memory | Motherboard: Some crap OEM H67 mATX board | RAM: 16GB Patriot G2 Series Division 4 @ 1333 MHz | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i | Mouse: CM Storm Inferno | Keyboard: crap OEM keyboard (Soon to be replaced with a CM Storm Quickfire TK) | Headphones: Audiotechnica ATH-M50's | Speakers: Corsair SP2500's

Add the Max Payne games.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

If you really can't stand the graphics in Half-Life, definitely check out Black Mesa. It's a fan-made remake made in the source engine. It's an amazing mod, and best of all, it's free as long as you own a Source engine game.

Indeed! There are Source engine ports of the original HL games and they are available on Steam, like Mat said for free. I believe that it also works if you have TeamFortress 2, not sure on that exactly though!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?