Old Games Worth Replaying

Liam-Wabbit

Ok advance editing doesn't work, i'm sorry :(

Theif 1& 2, HalfLife, Dues Ex, Outcast, Need for speed 3, Dune 2000, Delta Force 1

I replay the Half Life series every summer.

I never tried Half Life :(

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

nerfarenablastsmall.jpg

Nerf Arena Blast

I spent hours as a kid playing this; nice change from Quake! It's abandonware too, so you have no reason not to play!

Final fantasy on Playstation

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Final fantasy on Playstation
I bought final fantasy 7 and never got my PS1 back off my mother, she a bigger gamer than me. usually completes the games before me as well lol

Halo CE

KOTOR 1 and 2

GTA Vice City

Half Life

Max Payne

I've played all those games there and completed halflife, max payne and vice city. still working on completing kotor, using steam version now, which doesn't crash like the cd version :)

Max payne, and GTA: San andreas

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

Never got into Half-Life. Can't be that good can it?

Some of the games are a first , thief was the first sneak em up, half life was a cool shoot em up of it's time and alot games are based off it

Old games are worth playing because most of them set the trend in their day. really depends on age as well ! If your playing half life and your aged about 15, the games as old as you, so you'll never get into the graphics any way ! probably wouldn't of heard of 3DFX either ;)

Really Suprised no one has said Morrowind yet.

I tried to get into Oblivion, found the story very slow paced. I have got a copy of Morrowind here, I'll give it a try at some point. probably winter, now it getting warmer i don't want to be stuck on the pc to much

wings of fury on amiga 500

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

Contra, legend of zelda ocarina of time, dungeon siege and its expansion, patrician 3, starknights, earth lords, warcraft frozen throne, age of empires 2: conquers, age of mythology: titans, megaman series, megaman x 1,2,3

i played oblivion for hours upon hours, i never really played the main story line. There is SO much more to the game.

Half life is fuckin amazing mate. Play it

Some really cool old games being listed :) wings of fury was so cool, i remember playing it for hours. warcraft 3 was brilliant ! they need to make another single player verion of warcraft. I only want to play the single player version of WOW, but you still have to pay £8.99 a month, no option :( Try Spell Force 1&2 they're like Warcraft 3 and Fable the lost chapters is worth a replay :)

VMware Play is a virtual computer that works with windows 7 ! You don't need pro edition unlike using Microsoft Virtual PC, and the 3d rendering better than any of the other virtual PC software, though still not perfect. Download VMware Play, then you install Windows XP (you can install win 98, but with very limited support) and you have on old pc running on your PC. I Play Dune 2000 this way ! Also allows me to play dune 2000 and other old games in a window :)

I tried DOS this way, but it was really buggy with dos games, dos box worked better

One thing you MUST realize about TES games, is that the main storyline is usually overshadowed by many side quests. My favourite quests in Oblivion for example, were for the Dark Brotherhood. The tea party assassination one was hilarious. And my favourite quests in Skyrim was from Daedric shrines and princes, for example Sheogorath's mad little adventure.

Also, if you have Oblivion, you must get Shivering Isles. It's the only game in history that I can remember where an expansion was better than the entire base game it belonged to.

As for Morrowind, it probably has the best main quest of them all. But it also has the largest land to explore and the most content overall. (Not counting Daggerfall, but not many would play a game that aged these days) It's my favourite Elder Scrolls game by a mile.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Nothing wrong with being nostalgic :) when games was about story line, playability and not graphics so much

Play Half Life 2 ! better graphics, same concept.

Legend of Legaia
Try breath of fire on the snes (if you have a snes emulator) :)