need help to confirm Bottleneck

Hi Every one ,when building a small budget computer last days and used all money in :

MB: Z370 tomahawk

CPU: i3-8100

RAM:4G team group vulcan 2400mhz

PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 530

SSD:kingston A1000 NVMe PCIe SSD – 240GB

HDD: 1T  Westerndigital bleu

I am using an old leadtek GTX 660 ti until buying a new GPU

waiting to add an M2 SSD when having new incomes.  but my biggest problem is that i am having pc crash when playing any game , cheked every part but its ok . and did lot search over internet but no one have same problem so my thougth gone on the idea of a bottleneck caused by the old GPU not working well with CPU and memory.

any help from you guys will be realy apreciated

Probably your GPU, but it shouldn't be so bad that it crashes.

important figure in mensa

No bottleneck. that's for sure. I think there is a problem with the GPU

13 minutes ago, Maxiward said:

4GB RAM is really not enough for modern systems, especially if you want to play games. Your machine will be relying on pagefile from your HDD for system memory.
Open task manager and check your Memory in the Performance tab.

Crashes may be a result of running out of physical memory. Is there an error message given when the crash occurs?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

no error message given when the crash occurs

memory used without launching a game is 74%  = 2.9gb fro the 4gb

6 minutes ago, Maxiward said:

memory used without launching a game is 74%  = 2.9gb fro the 4gb

most games require 4gb of ram themselves, this likely is the culprit. 

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

4GB of ram is most definitely causing the crash (unless the graphics card is literally breaking down.) Find a 4gb stick to add to your system, because not only will you have 8GB, but dual channel memory will allow both sticks to be used at once. Also, that z370 is excessive. RIP early adopters of coffee lake, but at least upgrading to an overclockable CPU will be really easy.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

got the 8gigs ram but still having the problem

20180708_105345.jpg

9 minutes ago, Maxiward said:

got the 8gigs ram but still having the problem

yea looks like a pretty dead power supply doesnt it?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

PSU tested , but this black screend hapen only when playing games

did you try flipping which ram stick is installed in which slot?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

BALLISTIX SPORT LT 8 GO DDR4 2400 MHZ CL16 in DIMMA2

And windows is out of suspicious liste . got an M2 NVME SSD new os istalled and still having randomly black screen in games

On 13.7.2018 at 11:41 AM, Maxiward said:

PSU tested , but this black screend hapen only when playing games

It tells you pretty clearly what went wrong: power surges and the system shut down to prevent damages. According to the Tier List your PSU is pretty bad. That's most definitely the reason. I guess the PSU provides very unstable power on the PCIe connector that go out of spec when the load is high. It could be a malfunction or just a bad design.

There's hardly anything you can check without additional hardware. You'd need a different PSU or GPU in order for you to test it. The integrated graphics won't draw as much power as a dedicated GPU so trying to play without your 660ti might give you a false hint.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

On July 2, 2018 at 2:25 AM, Maxiward said:

Hi Every one ,when building a small budget computer last days and used all money in :

MB: Z370 tomahawk

CPU: i3-8100

PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 530

HDD: 1T  Westerndigital bleu

I am using an old leadtek GTX 660 ti until buying a new GPU

waiting to add an M2 SSD when having new incomes.  but my biggest problem is that i am having pc crash when playing any game , cheked every part but its ok . and did lot search over internet but no one have same problem so my thougth gone on the idea of a bottleneck caused by the old GPU not working well with CPU and memory.

any help from you guys will be realy apreciated

That doesn't seem like a bottleneck to me.... Usually what i do too find out is go on youtube or look at other forums other peeps that have the same problem but like i was saying i pretty sure that isn't a bottleneck. In fact even if you did have a bottleneck ( which i highly doubt ) you would still run better than my pc! 

4 minutes ago, Maxiward said:

thanks guys , wich PSU should i buy!

whats wrong with the pus you have now? Are you planning for sli or a VERY high tdp card???

they say PSU is bad so will change it

4 minutes ago, Maxiward said:

thanks guys , wich PSU should i buy!

See the PSU Tier List and choose the most affordable one that's listed Tier 3 or better I'd say. 400W-ish should be plenty enough. 

Keep in mind: even though unlikely it could be something else. Test it with a new PSU and if the error still occurs you have to investigate further.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

750watt evga 80+ gold should be good the reason why i am recommending a higher tdp power supply is because you must regard future upgrades not saying @bowrilla is completely wrong because i can see he is very knowledgeable but like i was saying you never know if you'll ever get a gtx 1080 or a high tdp chip that outperforms the gtx 1060 its good to plan ahead            Best Regards , Shrek

5 minutes ago, UncleTHICC said:

750watt evga 80+ gold should be good the reason why i am recommending a higher tdp power supply is because you must regard future upgrades not saying @bowrilla is completely wrong because i can see he is very knowledgeable but like i was saying you never know if you'll ever get a gtx 1080 or a high tdp chip that outperforms the gtx 1060 its good to plan ahead            Best Regards , Shrek

850W would be enough to power two 1080ti and an 8700k with OC. ?

It won't hurt either though so if there's a good deal for a higher wattage Tier 1-2 PSU then go for it. It won't hurt