Tube dimensions?

I have the Thermaltake R360 Loop but I want to make my loop hard tubing, problem is I'm confused by the measurements.

This is what Amazon says T 1/2‘(12.7mm) ID x 3/4‘(19mm), but I can't find any PETG tubing with those dimensions, can someone point me to the correct tubing I need for the fittings and what I need to be looking for measurement wise.

Thanks.

Gaming Rig:  Case: Modified  NZXT H440 Black/Red | Storage: 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD & 3TB WD Black HDD | CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K | Motherboard: Z270 Sabertooth TUF Mark 1 | PSU: 1000W EVGA P2 | Graphics Card: GTX Titan X Pascal | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz | Cooling: X3 RES, CoolStream XE 360 Rad, Gold EK Supremacy EVO, D5 PWM EK Pump, Ice Dragon Nano Fluid 2Litre | Fans: 6x Corsair SP120 PWM Fans 1x Corsair AF 140 | Cables: CableMod Black/Red Braided cable kit | Case Mods: Tempered Glass front panel & Tempered Glass Side Panel (Finished) 

Setup: Monitors: Ben XR3501 2x Acer GN246HLBbid 24 | Keyboard: K70 & K95 Vengeace RGB Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Razer Deathadder & Corsair Scimitar RGB | TV: 43" LG 4K Smart TV, 50" Samsung 4K 

Laptop: ASUS ZenBook UX310UA-FB097T

Racing Cockpit Setup  GT Omega Pro with TV stand | 52 inch Bush Smart TV | Fanatec CS v2.5 | Fanatec CSL Elite LC | Fanatec P1 & Formula Rim | Corsair Strafe Blue MX RGB

Racing Cockpit PC: Case: Unknown cheap case from Amazon (modified to fit GTX 1080 & Cooler) | Storage: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro | CPU: i7 7700k | Motherboard: MSI Z170 | PSU: 750W EVGA Gold | Graphics Card: GTX 1080 | RAM: HyperX Fury 32GB 2400mhz | Cooling: Hydro 100i | Fans: 4x Corsair SP120 PWN fans | Cables: Standard PSU Cables | Case Mods: Making room for GTX 1080 & Cooler.

13 minutes ago, Woofly94 said:

I have the Thermaltake R360 Loop but I want to make my loop hard tubing, problem is I'm confused by the measurements.

This is what Amazon says T 1/2‘(12.7mm) ID x 3/4‘(19mm), but I can't find any PETG tubing with those dimensions, can someone point me to the correct tubing I need for the fittings and what I need to be looking for measurement wise.

Thanks.

The R360 loop was originally soft tubing so you have the change out all your fittings for hardline compression fittings and tubing that are both compatible with each other. One thing I must mention however is that kit is not very well regarded or recommended as is due to the aluminum radiator they use since you are dealing with a mixed metal loop. I'd personally recommend to change out that radiator before anything is done further in that loop.

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

The R360 loop was originally soft tubing so you have the change out all your fittings for hardline compression fittings and tubing that are both compatible with each other. One thing I must mention however is that kit is not very well regarded or recommended as is due to the aluminum radiator they use since you are dealing with a mixed metal loop. I'd personally recommend to change out that radiator before anything is done further in that loop.

The Loop is still under RMA warranty, should I return it? What loop kit would you suggest or component list?  Why is it a bad kit?

Gaming Rig:  Case: Modified  NZXT H440 Black/Red | Storage: 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD & 3TB WD Black HDD | CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K | Motherboard: Z270 Sabertooth TUF Mark 1 | PSU: 1000W EVGA P2 | Graphics Card: GTX Titan X Pascal | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz | Cooling: X3 RES, CoolStream XE 360 Rad, Gold EK Supremacy EVO, D5 PWM EK Pump, Ice Dragon Nano Fluid 2Litre | Fans: 6x Corsair SP120 PWM Fans 1x Corsair AF 140 | Cables: CableMod Black/Red Braided cable kit | Case Mods: Tempered Glass front panel & Tempered Glass Side Panel (Finished) 

Setup: Monitors: Ben XR3501 2x Acer GN246HLBbid 24 | Keyboard: K70 & K95 Vengeace RGB Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Razer Deathadder & Corsair Scimitar RGB | TV: 43" LG 4K Smart TV, 50" Samsung 4K 

Racing Cockpit Setup  GT Omega Pro with TV stand | 52 inch Bush Smart TV | Fanatec CS v2.5 | Fanatec CSL Elite LC | Fanatec P1 & Formula Rim | Corsair Strafe Blue MX RGB

Racing Cockpit PC: Case: Unknown cheap case from Amazon (modified to fit GTX 1080 & Cooler) | Storage: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro | CPU: i7 7700k | Motherboard: MSI Z170 | PSU: 750W EVGA Gold | Graphics Card: GTX 1080 | RAM: HyperX Fury 32GB 2400mhz | Cooling: Hydro 100i | Fans: 4x Corsair SP120 PWN fans | Cables: Standard PSU Cables | Case Mods: Making room for GTX 1080 & Cooler.

4 minutes ago, Woofly94 said:

The Loop is still under RMA warranty, should I return it? What loop kit would you suggest or component list?  Why is it a bad kit?

If you can get your money back, I would recommend so. Thermal take has gone a bit backwards in their methodology for custom watercooling loops, mixed metal loops are mainly avoided now other than in AIO units due to costs since galvanic corrosion is a major issue. Even with the correct fluids it can be mitigated but not completely prevented.  

If your wanting to go for hardline based loops your best off to build your own from components, EKWB has a hardline based kit that you can start off with but what would be considered fairly entry level. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-ht360

1 minute ago, W-L said:

If you can get your money back, I would recommend so. Thermal take has gone a bit backwards in their methodology for custom watercooling loops, mixed metal loops are mainly avoided now other than in AIO units due to costs since galvanic corrosion is a major issue. Even with the correct fluids it can be mitigated but not completely prevented.  

If your wanting to go for hardline based loops your best off to build your own from components, EKWB has a hardline based kit that you can start off with but what would be considered fairly entry level. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-ht360

Yeah I'm not interested in that kit, it doesn't suit my needs.

Do you have a spreadsheet or something with specific parts for a loop for hard tubing? I might be asking too much but would be incredibly helpful, cost isn't an issue.

1 minute ago, Woofly94 said:

Yeah I'm not interested in that kit, it doesn't suit my needs.

Do you have a spreadsheet or something with specific parts for a loop for hard tubing? I might be asking too much but would be incredibly helpful, cost isn't an issue.

Your best to build out what you want exactly as you like for your setup but some recommendations I would suggest are to go with a D5 pump either a combo or separate res with pump top unit. Fittings and tubing they must match exactly you absolutely can not mix imperial and metric exact hardine tubing or hardine fittings. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-revo-d5-pwm-incl-sl-pump

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-hdc-fitting-16mm-g1-4-black-6332

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-hd-petg-tube-12-16mm-500mm-2pcs

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-g1-4-matte-black-enhance-multi-link-for-od-16mm.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-none-chamfer-petg-16mm-od-tube-length-1000mm.html

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

Your best to build out what you want exactly as you like for your setup but some recommendations I would suggest are to go with a D5 pump either a combo or separate res with pump top unit. Fittings and tubing they must match exactly you absolutely can not mix imperial and metric exact hardine tubing or hardine fittings. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-revo-d5-pwm-incl-sl-pump

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-hdc-fitting-16mm-g1-4-black-6332

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-hd-petg-tube-12-16mm-500mm-2pcs

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-g1-4-matte-black-enhance-multi-link-for-od-16mm.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-none-chamfer-petg-16mm-od-tube-length-1000mm.html

https://prnt.sc/k1gzdx

Would you say that's all I need, is it all compatible?

https://prnt.sc/k1gzdx

Would you say that's all I need, is it all compatible?

Yes that is good, I assume you are adding in a GPU block with a 8 fittings there. One thing I'd recommend for a hardline loop is to integrate a drain system either with a valve and T fitting or an alternate method of draining. For the hardline loop you will require the usual tools like a heatgun, silicone bending mandrel or insert, and tools for cutting it.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-af-ball-valve-10mm-g1-4-nickel

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-af-t-splitter-3f-g1-4-nickel

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-af-extender-6mm-m-m-nickel

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Yes that is good, I assume you are adding in a GPU block with a 8 fittings there. One thing I'd recommend for a hardline loop is to integrate a drain system either with a valve and T fitting or an alternate method of draining. For the hardline loop you will require the usual tools like a heatgun, silicone bending mandrel or insert, and tools for cutting it.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-af-ball-valve-10mm-g1-4-nickel

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-af-t-splitter-3f-g1-4-nickel

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-af-extender-6mm-m-m-nickel

Is all of EKWB products G1/4 fittings? Can I just buy any EKWB fitting and they will be the correct size? I assume they are since the waterblock and reservoir are all the same size

Is all of EKWB products G1/4 fittings? Can I just buy any EKWB fitting and they will be the correct size? I assume they are since the waterblock and reservoir are all the same size

All watercooling components are standardized with the G1/4" thread, so you can interchange fittings from any general watercooling brand. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

All watercooling components are standardized with the G1/4" thread, so you can interchange fittings from any general watercooling brand. 

But my fittings are much thicker than EKWBs, I assume the G1/4 thread is the bit that goes into the reservior and not where the tube goes in, is the 16mm measurement the part where the tube goes in?

4 minutes ago, Woofly94 said:

But my fittings are much thicker than EKWBs, I assume the G1/4 thread is the bit that goes into the reservior and not where the tube goes in, is the 16mm measurement the part where the tube goes in?

The G1/4" is the threaded portion only, for the tubing and fittings the OD of the tubing must match the fitting. Ones such as Bitspower, EKWB, Alpahcool all use metric exact measurements for their hardline products, but there are some that use imperial exact hardline tubing and fittings such as Primochill. 

What fittings do you have currently on hand?

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

The G1/4" is the threaded portion only, for the tubing and fittings the OD of the tubing must match the fitting. Ones such as Bitspower, EKWB, Alpahcool all use metric exact measurements for their hardline products, but there are some that use imperial exact hardline tubing and fittings such as Primochill. 

What fittings do you have currently on hand?

I have the R360 fittings, I don't know what the measurements are, If I have a G1/4 OD 16mm fitting should I be looking for 16mm PETG Tubing?

Edit: And could I miss and match different brands? Like a Thermaltake combo res with a EKWB waterblock?

2 minutes ago, Woofly94 said:

I have the R360 fittings, I don't know what the measurements are, If I have a G1/4 OD 16mm fitting should I be looking for 16mm PETG Tubing?

You can't use them they are only for soft tubing, you must get new fittings hardline compression fittings. 

Just now, W-L said:

You can't use them they are only for soft tubing, you must get new fittings hardline compression fittings. 

Yes I know this, I am trying to understand what I'm looking for, is my assesment correct though?

If I buy G1/4" OD 16mm Compression fittings am I correct in thinking I need 16mm hardline tubing?

Also, could I miss and match different brands? Like a Thermaltake combo res with a EKWB waterblock?

Just now, Woofly94 said:

Yes I know this, I am trying to understand what I'm looking for, is my assesment correct though?

If I buy G1/4" OD 16mm Compression fittings am I correct in thinking I need 16mm hardline tubing?

Also, could I miss and match different brands? Like a Thermaltake combo res with a EKWB waterblock?

Yes that is correct for the fittings the size of the fitting and OD of the tubing needs to match. And also yes you can use different brands in the same loop as long as the materials are compatible, so therefore no aluminum. Copper, brass, and nickel are all very suitable together with a loop. 

23 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes that is correct for the fittings the size of the fitting and OD of the tubing needs to match. And also yes you can use different brands in the same loop as long as the materials are compatible, so therefore no aluminum. Copper, brass, and nickel are all very suitable together with a loop. 

Tyvm I appreciate your help