Psu cables not coherent

DanyalRaza

I'm sleeving my cables, I haven't mixed any of them up but they don't match the corresponding holes on the other connector, are they meant to be like this?

You mean the 8 pins I presume?

theres an EPS 8 pin for CPU power and a pcie 8 pin, they have different connector designs despite both being 8 pins

common thing to be confused over

if your psu is atx, and your motherboard is some form of atx/itx/dtx/whatever, than everything should plug in fine

4 hours ago, campy said:

theres an EPS 8 pin for CPU power and a pcie 8 pin, they have different connector designs despite both being 8 pins

if your psu is atx, and your motherboard is some form of atx/itx/dtx/whatever, than everything should plug in fine

I'm taking about the cpu power one, what would happen if I were to switch the cables so they were coherent?

5 hours ago, campy said:

You won't be able to fit it anywhere it won't go. Even an 8 pin in a P4 power socket only fits one way.

5 minutes ago, campy said:

You won't be able to fit it anywhere it won't go. Even an 8 pin in a P4 power socket only fits one way.

What I mean is that say 1 cable was in the top right of the 8 pin connector on one side it would be in another spot (say the middle) on the 8pin connector on the other side, would I be able to move it from the other spot to the top right of the connector or would that cause issues?

19 minutes ago, DanyalRaza said:

What I mean is that say 1 cable was in the top right of the 8 pin connector on one side it would be in another spot (say the middle) on the 8pin connector on the other side, would I be able to move it from the other spot to the top right of the connector or would that cause issues?

You mean like splitting up the pins on a cable? Yeah that would cause a lot of problems. They all have a very specific pinout, say you take a 12v+ wire and put it into a ground pin, you're going to short out whatever it is you're connecting.

2 minutes ago, campy said:

You mean like splitting up the pins on a cable? Yeah that would cause a lot of problems. They all have a very specific pinout, say you take a 12v+ wire and put it into a ground pin, you're going to short out whatever it is you're connecting.

Ok thank you very much!