Not really sure where to put this .. sound editing? :)

Swanmark

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a tutorial, or even what I would want to use to create a voice like, REALLY deep, with A LOT of bass. Have you seen The Hobbit?

Well I was recently @ the movies to see the new movie, and the dragons voice has sooooooooo deep bass, i really wanna learn how to do this. Help? :)

EDIT: I see now this is under electronics .. oh well. Maybe a mod can move this for me? :P

Desktop | Server

| i7 3770k @4.6GHz, 1.35v | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance CL9 4x4GB | MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition | MSI Z77A-G43 | Corsair GS 700w | Corsair Force 3 60GB | Seagate 5TB 7200rpm |

| i7 920 @2.66GHz | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | Seagate 3TB 7200rpm |

If you need a deep voice, I'm right here.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Just listened to the voice of the dragon in the trailer:

Of course there are filters on the voice to equalize frequencies and give the voice a certain characteristic, but the voice itself is natural as in you can't just take a microphone, grab a random guy with a normal voice off the street and then end up with a voice like the dragon after a ton of editing.

What you'll need is first of all a deep, GOOD, voice like or instance this guy:

Not everybody's voice is made for such things, neither is everybody's voice made for singing or screaming or whatever. That's why voice actors exist and why singers exist. The guy doing the dragon in the Hobbit is running around on this world somewhere and if you meet him and ask him to do the dragon from the movie you'll probably recognize it in an instant.

Then you'll also need a large diaphragm microphone like for instance a Samson C03U (just giving this as an example in case you're looking to buy one with a low budget). Large diaphragm microphones give the voice a 'larger' feeling to it and does not really record it naturally which also helps with creating these impressive voices.

Just listened to the voice of the dragon in the trailer:

Of course there are filters on the voice to equalize frequencies and give the voice a certain characteristic, but the voice itself is natural as in you can't just take a microphone, grab a random guy with a normal voice off the street and then end up with a voice like the dragon after a ton of editing.

What you'll need is first of all a deep, GOOD, voice like or instance this guy:

Not everybody's voice is made for such things, neither is everybody's voice made for singing or screaming or whatever. That's why voice actors exist and why singers exist. The guy doing the dragon in the Hobbit is running around on this world somewhere and if you meet him and ask him to do the dragon from the movie you'll probably recognize it in an instant.

Then you'll also need a large diaphragm microphone like for instance a Samson C03U (just giving this as an example in case you're looking to buy one with a low budget). Large diaphragm microphones give the voice a 'larger' feeling to it and does not really record it naturally which also helps with creating these impressive voices.

Thank you for this amazing answer. I have a boom mic on the G930 which is okay. I'm just an amateur having fun :)

Thanks again tho.

Desktop | Server

| i7 3770k @4.6GHz, 1.35v | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance CL9 4x4GB | MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition | MSI Z77A-G43 | Corsair GS 700w | Corsair Force 3 60GB | Seagate 5TB 7200rpm |

Thank you for this amazing answer. I have a boom mic on the G930 which is okay. I'm just an amateur having fun :)

Thanks again tho.

Eh with a boom mic you're never going to achieve any decent voice recording, but certainly enough to experiment with different effects and filters.

Eh with a boom mic you're never going to achieve any decent voice recording, but certainly enough to experiment with different effects and filters.

Yeah, I figured. Thanks for the amazing answer though. :)

Desktop | Server