Can’t get past 2133mhz ram with b350-f and ryzen 5 1600

Go to solution Solved by Dfkmas,

So.. I think I got this. 

Couldnt resist trying to make this work when I came home from work.. and I think I got it working, for now..

uinstalled everything from Asus with their own cleaner. 

Reeboted system, downloaded older version for bios 3805 which I was reading was a stable one on forums.. 

Next step was downgrading bios to the older version which was really simple.. 

Once everything was done, logged in and downloaded new chipset for my b350-f from Asus website, installed everything fresh and clean.

booted back into bios and choose d.o.c.p which put my rams at 3200 MHz.

Booted the system up again and played gta 5 for like 30 minutes, played some fortnite for some 30 minutes also.

no black screen, no issues at all. Will go and sleep for some hours now because I am working my last night today. But I will try to stress the system even more when I wake up..

Sorry for my bad English! 

Hello,

i need some help. I just finished my first build with following components.

MOBO Asus b350-F Strix gaming

CPU Ryzen 5 1600

CPU cooler x62 kraken 

HDD Samsung SSD 240 + 1tb WD blue 7200rpm

GPU Gigabite g1 1080 8gb 

PCU EVGA 500w bronze 

RAM corsair lpx black 16gb 3200mhz 

started everything and everything worked fine, until i went in bios and found that my ram is only running att 2133mhz

trying To oc to 3000-3200 doesbt work.

even IF i just make a little step up till around 2300 it still doesnt work. 

Bios is updated to the latest version from asus website.

Pc is starting normaly and i can log in, but as soon i start a monitoring program like HWUID or ryzen master tren my screen, keyboard and mouse dies but fans, GPU and all other leds inside are still working?

i cant turn my PC off with the front button, only the PCU button and then start it over again..

I've heard enabling XMP can help with memory overclocking.

There should be a BIOS setting to let you use the front button to turn the computer on and off, unless that went out of style in modern systems.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've heard enabling XMP can help with memory overclocking.

There should be a BIOS setting to let you use the front button to turn the computer on and off, unless that went out of style in modern systems.

Trying to activate XMP puts rams to 3000mhz but still same problem.. booting fine, trying to start a monitoring program and everything except fans rgb and lighting dies. 

I can ide my front button when everything is working properly, i cant ute it when this happenings..

i have the same mobo, what BIOS are you on?

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

6 minutes ago, Ezzy-525 said:

i have the same mobo, what BIOS are you on?

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING BIOS 4011
AGESA 1.0.0.2a + SMU 43.18

2 minutes ago, Dfkmas said:

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING BIOS 4011
AGESA 1.0.0.2a + SMU 43.18

Hmmm, that's the same as mine.

Mine won't allow me to go over 2933Mhz (it was initially stuck at 2133mhz before the BIOS update), but it's stable at least

60f66c6266ee577308677887753288f4.png

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

Ezzy-525:

hmm.. i thought maybe that my 500w is not enough.. but then i though that the whole system would be dead not just parts of it? 

Have you checked the Asus site for ram compatibility? And are you running any other overclocks? You man need to adjust your SOC voltage perhaps? I am assuming your XMP profile is increasing the voltage on your ram, but you may need a slightly higher SOC voltage as well. 

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

34 minutes ago, nick name said:

Have you checked the Asus site for ram compatibility? And are you running any other overclocks? You man need to adjust your SOC voltage perhaps? I am assuming your XMP profile is increasing the voltage on your ram, but you may need a slightly higher SOC voltage as well. 

No other oveclocks at all.. BUT.. it says that my CPU is running on 3.4ghz ? But i thought that it was 3.2 out of the box? 

Hmm.. IM at work right now i Will be looking att soc voltage when i come home! 

Any other suggestions?

mvh

Well Ryzen is designed to run as fast as it can.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

3 hours ago, nick name said:

Well Ryzen is designed to run as fast as it can.

That explains it..

i think i Will go back with these rams and get myself some g.skills 3200 with samsung chips instead.. 

i also found out that if you use two or or more monitoring tools that will also give black screen.. so I will make a clean windows 10 install tomorrow and see if I can change Rams and then just install the monitoring tools. 

Cam for x62 kraken

gigabyte extreme for GPU

ryzen master for cpu & Rams

that should do the trick. 

What at do you guys and girls think?

I've never tried to run both at once so that's good to know.

And if the monitoring tools aren't working out you can use task manager to check your RAM speed.  Click on the performance tab in task manager and then click on memory. The speed will be listed under the graphs on the right.

51 minutes ago, nick name said:

I've never tried to run both at once so that's good to know.

And if the monitoring tools aren't working out you can use task manager to check your RAM speed.  Click on the performance tab in task manager and then click on memory. The speed will be listed under the graphs on the right.

Yes. Only time I’m using is monitoring tools like hwuid is when I’m taking notes on CPU and GPU temps. 

I will I’ll take a look at this tomorrow since I’m working night shift.

i will be posting back tomorrow with results of cleaning windows from monitoring tools and trying to get back these rams and get the others. 

So.. I think I got this. 

Couldnt resist trying to make this work when I came home from work.. and I think I got it working, for now..

uinstalled everything from Asus with their own cleaner. 

Reeboted system, downloaded older version for bios 3805 which I was reading was a stable one on forums.. 

Next step was downgrading bios to the older version which was really simple.. 

Once everything was done, logged in and downloaded new chipset for my b350-f from Asus website, installed everything fresh and clean.

booted back into bios and choose d.o.c.p which put my rams at 3200 MHz.

Booted the system up again and played gta 5 for like 30 minutes, played some fortnite for some 30 minutes also.

no black screen, no issues at all. Will go and sleep for some hours now because I am working my last night today. But I will try to stress the system even more when I wake up..

Sorry for my bad English!