"Windows based equivalent of Mac Pro is more expensive"

heineygoat

Don't know why people think this is a big deal to be honest.

Because haters and fanboys love to ignore facts when they get their jimmies rustled.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hmm let's see:

Overpriced motherboard that is far superior to what the Mac Pro has.

Overpriced PSU that is far superior to what the Mac Pro has.

Overpriced RAM. You can get a 32GB kit for 255 USD on Amazon.

Why is the PC water cooled with the Kraken X40?

Why two Samsung 840 Pro 512GB when the 1TB Samsung 840 EVO costs 578 dollars?

Why are some things on the PC side in red when they are actually the same or better? Why not change form factor slightly and get it for a lot cheaper? This does not show that a PC is more expensive, it shows that the parts used in the Mac Pro are overpriced.

So what I am seeing here is a insane price difference for two machines that have similar tech. Lets take these things in to note really quick.

Mac Pro

PRO's

-Small

-Apple made quality

-warranty

-Easy to use that my grand mother to use

-Server RAM

CON's

-Hardly to 0 Upgradeability, what you buy at start is what you get. 

-One Xeon CPU with 2 AMD GPU's on one heatsink (That sounds really bad...) 

-Thunderbolt (Who mainly uses Thunderbolt? USB3 is still the main use for everything) 

-External EVERYTHING. (Prepare those Zip ties folks) 

Custom build workstation 

PRO's

-Upgradability

-Know your machine, inside and out

-Does not share one heatsink 

-Hackintoshable 

-The Windows OS (So many people own windows PC's, they are BOUND to know how to use it right off the bat) 

CON's

-NO server RAM

-GPU's might cost a tad bit more 

(I cant think of more) >~<

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

Hmm let's see:

Overpriced motherboard that is far superior to what the Mac Pro has.

Overpriced PSU that is far superior to what the Mac Pro has.

Overpriced RAM. You can get a 32GB kit for 255 USD on Amazon.

Why is the PC water cooled with the Kraken X40?

Why two Samsung 840 Pro 512GB when the 1TB Samsung 840 EVO costs 578 dollars?

Why are some things on the PC side in red when they are actually the same or better? Why not change form factor slightly and get it for a lot cheaper? This does not show that a PC is more expensive, it shows that the parts used in the Mac Pro are overpriced.

I think we (by we I mean the rational people) came to a similar conclusion in the other thread, whether you get a mac pro or a HP workstation comes down to intended use, current infrastructure and future intentions. Not a dodgy websites attempt to misguide people with non-comparable parts.

If I was a starting business I would go the dell or HP simply because while they are a little less powerful they are cheaper and can be upgraded without making parts redundant.

If I already had a suitable networked storage solution or found thunderbolt to be cheap enough to warrant the bunch of hemorrhoids that would protrude from the back of the unit then I would consider Mac.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

But it's not about having the same components but achieving same Performance. Pretty sure you could build an equivalent PC for less if you don't use the same components

I7-4770k - ASUS Maximus VI Formula - 16GB ADATA 2133MHz - EVGA 780 SC - 512GB Intel SSD - 2TB WD Black - Thermaltake DPS 750W

But it's not about having the same components but achieving same Performance. Pretty sure you could build an equivalent PC for less if you don't use the same components

performance is not just about speed though, for example having ecc ram is actually slower, however if you are computing a large file that might take a day or two, ecc can easily be the difference between not having to re-run the program again and loosing the file to corruption.  That is why it is insanely more expensive given the speed difference.  

So while you can build a pc that will be cheaper and most of the time run faster, if you loose 2 days worth of work that could be avoided by paying the extra for ecc then the ram has already paid for itself.

Tek Syndicate built a mac pro killer, Not that I dislike apple, just that I think that it still dosen't offer the same bank for the buck as a DIY PC