"Windows based equivalent of Mac Pro is more expensive"

heineygoat

I don't have time to do the math right now and I'm on a phone, but I won't believe it until I do.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-based-high-end-mac-pro-equivilent-costs-even-9599/

So after Fung added everything up, what did the total cost of his Windows-based Mac Pro-ish desktop come out to? If you thought $9,599 was a lot, how does $11,530.54 for Windows sound?

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Lies

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

I highly doubt it.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Mother earth hath birthed more peasants.

I highly doubt it.

You realize what 12 core Xeons and FirePro cards cost right?

Yeah could be possible. Who ever said it was not a good value?

Interested in Business and Technology

he used to fancy gpus instead of one and 2 512gb ssd instead of a 64gb ssd and a 1tb hdd so i call bullshit 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

he used to fancy gpus instead of one and 2 512gb ssd instead of a 64gb ssd and a 1tb hdd so i call bullshit 

He used basically exactly the same GPU's as the mac, and the mac has a 1Tb ssd.

Here in Aus you can get a windows based version of the 4 core for the same price, so I would assume you could do the same for the 12 core. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This is what I was getting at in the other threads, people are now filled with so much blind hatred for Apple that they are now unable to fairly evaluate any of their products.

It's just a reaction to fanboyism, just like the blind hatred we see for alienware, most prebuilt desktops and what we are starting to see for Samsung.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yeahh, I noticed this as soon as I looked at Apple's website when they launched. I was expecting to laugh at it's terrible pricing, but instead was pleasantly surprised with how (relatively) reasonable the pricing was...

The reason is that the new Mac Pro isn't just an average i7-4770K + GTX 780 build with a $6000 Apple logo tacked on, the new Mac Pro is a professional workstation with a Xeon, ECC memory, high capacity PCI-e SSD, and dual professional graphics.. The simple reality is that those parts are extremely expensive on their own, which easily justifies the Mac Pro's high price..

I know that everyone here will hate on me for this post, but if you actually look at the hardware in it, the high price is justified. I personally would never buy one because I don't need professional workstation-grade parts and my custom build is perfectly suited for what I do, but for a professional who needs it the Mac Pro is a decent deal.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

It's just a reaction to fanboyism, just like the blind hatred we see for alienware, most prebuilt desktops and what we are starting to see for Samsung.

But why are we turning hardware companies into celebrities? Its just hardware, you can only really like it based on facts not opinions.

I own no Apple products, yet I felt kind of obliged to defend it because of the ridiculous comments getting posted.

The only one that had any vadility was it looks like a trash can, but most PCs look like one of these:

15-litre-grey-sanitary-bin-for-ladies-wa

If we are going to choose our products soley based on what they are most akin to in terms of looks then I'll take the trash can :lol:

He used basically exactly the same GPU's as the mac, and the mac has a 1Tb ssd.

Here in Aus you can get a windows based version of the 4 core for the same price, so I would assume you could do the same for the 12 core. 

oh yeah your right :L 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

But why are we turning hardware companies into celebrities? Its just hardware, you can only really like it based on facts not opinions.

I own no Apple products, yet I felt kind of obliged to defend it because of the ridiculous comments getting posted.

The only one that had any vadility was it looks like a trash can, but most PCs look like one of these:

15-litre-grey-sanitary-bin-for-ladies-wa

If we are going to choose our products soley based on what they are most akin to in terms of looks then I'll take the trash can :lol:

I don't know why it happens, I guess they all rely on derisory reviews, sales insinuation and marketing hype to push their opinion on others.

It's not complicated top look at the facts and the history to know who did what, why and how much it costs.

You realize that has nothing to do with what I said. Anyone who buys this is literally piss stupid. You can get near same performance for a fraction of the cost. Please show me some where that firepro cards and xeon have performance 7x better then a 4770k overclocked and 780s.

Actually no, show me somewhere that it's even TWICE as good. Please I'm dying to see it.

Oh and of course, 64 gigs of ram. Can't live without it.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeahh, I noticed this as soon as I looked at Apple's website when they launched. I was expecting to laugh at it's terrible pricing, but instead was pleasantly surprised with how (relatively) reasonable the pricing was...

The reason is that the new Mac Pro isn't just an average i7-4770K + GTX 780 build with a $6000 Apple logo tacked on, the new Mac Pro is a professional workstation with a Xeon, ECC memory, high capacity PCI-e SSD, and dual professional graphics.. The simple reality is that those parts are extremely expensive on their own, which easily justifies the Mac Pro's high price..

I know that everyone here will hate on me for this post, but if you actually look at the hardware in it, the high price is justified. I personally would never buy one because I don't need professional workstation-grade parts and my custom build is perfectly suited for what I do, but for a professional who needs it the Mac Pro is a decent deal.

That's not why anyone, at least I speak for myself, is hating on it.

It's because in no where on any planet would someone in their right mind spend 25 grand on a pc which is not even 20% better then one that costs 3 grand.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You realize that has nothing to do with what I said. Anyone who buys this is literally piss stupid. You can get near same performance for a fraction of the cost. Please show me some where that firepro cards and xeon have performance 7x better then a 4770k overclocked and 780s.

Actually no, show me somewhere that it's even TWICE as good. Please I'm dying to see it.

Oh and of course, 64 gigs of ram. Can't live without it.

It's because in no where on any planet would someone in their right mind spend 25 grand on a pc which is not even 20% better then one that costs 3 grand.

Again you are letting that hatred take over what you are saying. Most of the configurations are nowhere near $25k.

As you know if you spend $3k on a gaming PC you will see huge gains from a $1k PC, but spend a further $7k ($10k) you will be lucky to see a further 20% increase in performance.

You cannot be selective in your comparisons.

As for comparing it to gaming PC gardware you are right these are nothing more than AMD 7xxx cards in terms of performance, but they have extra technology to prevent errors etc. People who don't use Macs put these cards into custom machines that have nothing to do with Apple, so there is obviously a demand. So why are you blaming Apple for the pricing of them, surely it should be AMD?

In fact it seems Apple is providing the same technology at a discount at the moment.

yes, but you have to do a part for part comparison or else you need to apply the same hatred to all workstation grade components. not just the ones in a mac.

Can you consumers even buy firepro cards?

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

LIES BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?