Suggestions for Perfect 15' Laptop

Hello everyone,

I will list my requirements before writing a wad of text:

GPU: Would highly prefer a 1070 in there

Weight: Under 2.5 kg

Screen size: 15' (unless there's a 17 inch that weighs less than 2.5 kg)

Battery: While I'd love to purchase the Aero 15x for the remarkable 94 Whr battery I've seen a lot of bad reviews so I'm holding off on it - Any battery that can last at least 4 hours during surfing or movies is fine.

Purpose for the laptop: Heavy gaming during travelling between work and countries, secondary pc for streaming, for my mum to use while I'm not using it (She's getting into photography so color gamut is important)

Budget: Under £2500

Now my reasons for wanting a laptop and why I need your help:

I have read for the past couple weeks a lot of information on laptops that I think I want, but then when I look at people's opinions or reviews I see different opinions and facts coming off from it. It is very difficult to discern personal judgement (possibly biased, either due to being given the unit for free to review and keep or idiotic fanboys and that make no real evidence as to their dislikes on a product) from actual facts that make the laptop better or worse than another. Also I think LTT's videos on laptops are pretty subpar and don't contain enough information to really form a valid opinion (not enough benchmarks and real life heat exposure to make it valuable to me)

However, I do need a laptop as my life is becoming more about travelling around work and utilizing somewhat powerful applications when programming. I'm a heavy gamer and already have a pretty decent PC with a 1080Ti on there, but I would like some of that power to be mobile as well. I really like the thin and lite gaming laptops coming out like the GS65, Aero 15x and GM501 but they all each have people's feedback basically shitting on it so I don't know what to do lol.

Any help and suggestions round these laptops would be amazing, I'd love to buy a laptop next week or so and this will influence my buying options.

Regards,

Digition Flux

1 hour ago, Digition Flux said:

at least 4 hours

Can try Zephyrus M. Activate Optimus mode if you need battery life. It has thermal pad issue so I suggest buy from resellers like HIDevolution.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

47 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Can try Zephyrus M. Activate Optimus mode if you need battery life. It has thermal pad issue so I suggest buy from resellers like HIDevolution.

Do these guys ship to the UK? or is there another vendor that does tis in the UK

24 minutes ago, Digition Flux said:

Do these guys ship to the UK? or is there another vendor that does tis in the UK

Worldwide

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

Sorry forgot to ask, why do you recommend the GM501 over other laptops? - What's the strenghts of this laptop that is noticeable to you compared to the others?

8 minutes ago, Digition Flux said:

Sorry forgot to ask, why do you recommend the GM501 over other laptops? - What's the strenghts of this laptop that is noticeable to you compared to the others?

Overall quality quality is quite excellent: Build quality, input devices, cooling, speakers, display, ports etc. Only issue is Asus ROG laptops tend to have questionable QC+QA

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Is there any UK/EU based resellers for these laptops that provide any LM or better thermal solutions - not looking to pay that 2.9% on my credit card to be honest lol

6 hours ago, Digition Flux said:

s there any UK/EU based resellers for these laptops that provide any LM or better thermal solutions

The only one I know of is obsidian PC, but they only do Clevo stuff.

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

I'm very close to actually wanting to purchase the GM501 but the battery life is pretty shambles and it seems the display is not the best in terms of color gamut, I love the design of the laptop but after using a BenQ B2420pt which has amazing color gamut for the price, I'd like something with a bit better color depth especially If I'll be using it for light color correction.

Maybe I'm being overly picky - but with the budget I have, I think that's fair.. Anyways, does anyone know any unbiased laptop reviewers or good review sites to look at for clear information and not sellout junk, I think @ZM Fong knew a website that was pretty good but I've lost the topic where he recommended it, would love to read some proper reviews.

Notebookreview forum

Notebookcheck reviews

Ultrabookreview reviews

There are some decent YouTubers that reviews laptops, but not the most popular ones like Dave2D

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

@ZM Fong Hope I'm not bothering you my friend, I've just ordered the GM501 to come by the end of the week ( I couldn't order from HIdevolution as it would've been a HUGE customs tax I'd have to pay, not worth it)

I have experience with building PC's and repairing laptops and applying thermal paste however,

Do you know if using Liquid Metal is safe on the CPU and GPU? - I've just bought the Conductonaut and Fujipoly pads to go onto the laptop when I get it, I will also undervolt it to by about -0.100Mv or so just to reduce overall temps a bit.

It's safe as long as you know how to apply it correctly. Undervolt to the max limit

Desktop specs:

Spoiler