PowerSpec PSUs?

MrCheesecake

EDIT: Thanks to everybody's suggestions and help I've chosen a different PSU to go for, a 650W Cooler Master 80+ bronze unit: http://www.microcenter.com/product/482228/MasterWatt_650_Watt_80_Plus_Bronze_ATX_Modular_Power_Supply. Is it a good PSU? Anything I need to be worried about? 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I recently bought a 650W Semi-modular 80+ Bronze PowerSpec PSU for my new build, but I've never heard of the brand before but it was at Micro center and was fairly cheap. Do I have anything to be worried about with it? Is it some random off brand crap that could fail or damage my PC?

i beleve that it is a microcenter exlusive brand meaning that they only sell it,  I personally wouldnt think tho that it is garbage.

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Powerspec is Microcenter's in house brand. What model, exactly? 

Buying a 650W bronze rated PSU doesn't make sense for any build. What are you powering? Odds are you could easily get a good 450W for the same price. 

:)

7 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Powerspec is Microcenter's in house brand. What model, exactly? 

Buying a 650W bronze rated PSU doesn't make sense for any build. What are you powering? Odds are you could easily get a good 450W for the same price. 

Ah, that makes sense, thanks.
And it's the PS 650BSM (http://www.microcenter.com/product/485312/650_Watt_80_Plus_Bronze_ATX_Semi-Modular_Power_Supply), and it'll be powering a R5 2600 + 1070Ti

7 minutes ago, MrCheesecake said:

Ah, that makes sense, thanks.
And it's the PS 650BSM (http://www.microcenter.com/product/485312/650_Watt_80_Plus_Bronze_ATX_Semi-Modular_Power_Supply), and it'll be powering a R5 2600 + 1070Ti

Only 585W on 12V, so it's definitely group regulated. Lots of power on the 3,3V and 5V rails, so it's old. Return it if it's within the return period. If it's outside do the return period, I don't know enough to tell if it's worth replacing it. 

With Ryzen and a 1070 Ti, you're looking g at like 300W power draw when overclocked. The Focus Gold 450W for $54 is well priced, or the Formula Gold for $2 more. The second one is quieter. The GQ 650W for $60 is also a good deal. 

:)

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Only 585W on 12V, so it's definitely group regulated. Lots of power on the 3,3V and 5V rails, so it's old. Return it if it's within the return period. If it's outside do the return period, I don't know enough to tell if it's worth replacing it. 

With Ryzen and a 1070 Ti, you're looking g at like 300W power draw when overclocked. The Focus Gold 450W for $54 is well priced, or the Formula Gold for $2 more. The second one is quieter. The GQ 650W for $60 is also a good deal. 

I got it yesterday and I still have the receipt so I can definitely return it, I'll just have to see when I can go to Micro Center again, it most likely won't be until this weekend but I should most likely still be able to return it, which I will if I can. Thanks for your help!

Why do people buy things and THEN ask if it's a good decision?  Shouldn't the process be the other way around?

6 hours ago, seon123 said:

Only 585W on 12V, so it's definitely group regulated. Lots of power on the 3,3V and 5V rails, so it's old.

Also straight away breaking ATX specification with hold up time well below minimum.

There's just something peculiar in how breaking standard has been made advertisable feature!

3 hours ago, EsaT said:

Also straight away breaking ATX specification with hold up time well below minimum.

There's just something peculiar in how breaking standard has been made advertisable feature!

I mean, TBH  no one really cares about holdup time on budget units.

Just some bapo nerd from 'Straya

PCs:

Main: i7 7700K (5GHz 1.4V) | ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (3200MHz CL14 1.365V) | ASUS PRIME Z270-AR | Thermaltake SMART 750P | Coolermaster Seidon 240P | Acer Predator X34 (34" 1440p144Hz GSync IPS)

Secondary: i5 3570K | Intel HD4000 (RIP Sapphire HD 6850) | 2x2GB + 1x4GB Kingston 1600MHz | ASUS P8Z68-V LX | Corsair CX650 | Coolermaster Hyper D92 | Sony Bravia VPL-VW80 (108" 1080p60Hz projector)

Laptop: i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB MXM | 2x16GB SODIMM | OEM Acer Motherboard | 17.3" Screen (1080p60Hz IPS)

iMac: Core 2 Duo T7400 | ATI Radeon X1600 | 2x1GB 667MHz DDR2 | 20" Screen

9 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Why do people buy things and THEN ask if it's a good decision?  Shouldn't the process be the other way around?

Well I joined this forum a day after I bought the parts and I didn't have anybody to ask about the power supply before that, and I didn't really have one in mind when I went to Micro Center and I saw the Power Spec and it looked like a good deal so I just got it. And yes I know I should've found somebody to ask before hand I wasn't very smart about that.

7 hours ago, MrCheesecake said:

Well I joined this forum a day after I bought the parts and I didn't have anybody to ask about the power supply before that, and I didn't really have one in mind when I went to Micro Center and I saw the Power Spec and it looked like a good deal so I just got it. And yes I know I should've found somebody to ask before hand I wasn't very smart about that.

What are you going to do now?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's only a little better.  Who advised you that's a good choice?  I didn't see anyone here recommend it. 

HEC double forward platform. 

It hits the right marks to be "T2" on the tier list (For some reason topology is not taken into consideration outside of group reg vs DC-DC/Indy Reg), so a double forward DC-DC can be rated the same as a Full Bridge Resonant Conversion design if it hits the right markers.

Just some bapo nerd from 'Straya

PCs:

Main: i7 7700K (5GHz 1.4V) | ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (3200MHz CL14 1.365V) | ASUS PRIME Z270-AR | Thermaltake SMART 750P | Coolermaster Seidon 240P | Acer Predator X34 (34" 1440p144Hz GSync IPS)

Secondary: i5 3570K | Intel HD4000 (RIP Sapphire HD 6850) | 2x2GB + 1x4GB Kingston 1600MHz | ASUS P8Z68-V LX | Corsair CX650 | Coolermaster Hyper D92 | Sony Bravia VPL-VW80 (108" 1080p60Hz projector)

Laptop: i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB MXM | 2x16GB SODIMM | OEM Acer Motherboard | 17.3" Screen (1080p60Hz IPS)

iMac: Core 2 Duo T7400 | ATI Radeon X1600 | 2x1GB 667MHz DDR2 | 20" Screen

It's not a horrible PSU.  But "tier 2".  LOLOLOLOL!!!!

8 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's only a little better.  Who advised you that's a good choice?  I didn't see anyone here recommend it. 

HEC double forward platform. 

Nobody advised me of it, It was just on Microcenter's site and it's on sale; I can't spend a lot on a PSU. And idk what the hell an HEC double forward platform is