Problems and Questions with my SSDs

Zexion
Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
12 minutes ago, Zexion said:

Is there a way I can reset the SSD to the Factory settings, with NOTHING on it ?

There is...the program you are looking for is https://www.partitionguru.com/

Use with care, but it will re-combine all your partitions into one.

As for the games, I can't help. I know you can move Steam to any folder and play from there, can't speak for the other ones

Hello guys and girls
I have a problem.
I bought a new SSD (the Intel 760p 256GB).
First I tried to clone my existing SSD to my new with Macrium Reflect. For some reason this didn't work. After that I wanted to format it again, but now there are 3 partitions. (sry that it is german)
Screenshot_1.thumb.png.5663a631716f6aa661f74930a8da8475.png

(In "Datenträger 0") can not delete the Volume in the middle, and I also can not merge the big (232.40GB) with the small (5.59GB) free volume.
Is there a way I can reset the SSD to the Factory settings, with NOTHING on it ?

And also: If I reinstall Windows, Steam, Uplay, and everything else on my new SSD, and I reset the old one, can I still play my Steam/Uplay/Origin games that are stored on the HDDs without reinstalling them ?

12 minutes ago, Zexion said:

As for the games, I can't help. I know you can move Steam to any folder and play from there, can't speak for the other ones

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

If you want the ssd empty just delete all the partitions on it.

You can play steam games on the existing hdds after a reinstall.

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

ISn'T there some way I just can reset the SSD to standart settings ? Then I would not have to deal with that program.

Thanks anyway.

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If you want the ssd empty just delete all the partitions on it.

You can play steam games on the existing hdds after a reinstall.

I can not. That is the problem. I can not delete the existing partitions. I only can click on help.

1 minute ago, Zexion said:

ISn'T there some way I just can reset the SSD to standart settings ? Then I would not have to deal with that program.

Thanks anyway.

I believe it's possible in the DOS prompt, but I'll be damned if I can recall the multiple commands you have to enter. PG is much easier to use...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

20 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I believe it's possible in the DOS prompt, but I'll be damned if I can recall the multiple commands you have to enter. PG is much easier to use...

Ok. I downloaded DiskGenius (the new programm linked on PartitionGuru. I tried a bit around and I did it. All is in one big 238,74GB chunk. (not the advertised 256gb) I will reinstall Windows on the new SSD later and delete everything from my old one.

Thank you for your help. ^^

20 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

disk part clean in cmd then.

I did it without messing with the cmd.

Thanks anyway ^^

37 minutes ago, Zexion said:

238,74GB chunk. (not the advertised 256gb)

Your drive is 256gb, windows incorrectly says gb when it means gib. SO both numbers are corrent and your drive is the advertised size.

38 minutes ago, Zexion said:

I will reinstall Windows on the new SSD later and delete everything from my old one.

If your gonna reinstall windows you partition it in the installer and delete al the partitions on it from there.