Review of Star Wars Battlefront II! (Yes I know....)

Erik4boss
Battlefront-2-pic.jpg

We all love the good old Star wars battlefront series, especially Star wars battlefront II. This game has been out for a long time now. It was released year 2005. But it is still an awesome game! 

The game runs on the Zero engine, created year 1999 and first ran the game Battlezone II (1999) The engine runs on computers, PS 2 Xbox 360 and PS 3 I believe.

The game is created by Pandemic Studios and Lucasarts Sadly there are no more Pandemic Studios, they closed 2009 and almost everyone moved to 343 Industries with their latest game Halo 4. Halo 4 is a great game but I'll go into that later. Lucasart has also been shut down in their video game part, they have been bought by Disney and what they are doing now is three new Star Wars films (will probably end up with replacing Luke with Mickey mouse and Leia will be Snow white.

Now that we are done with the hardcore info...

Star Wars Battlefront II has got many game modes to play and was awesome when it was released and it is still great. The game is pretty much like its prequel, (Star wars battlefront I) But the graphics has been improved, the ability to play space battles and heroes has been added. Also some minor changes. But since the game is very old for a video game, there are lots of glitches that can be easily abused, these glitches are such as go into walls, fly up over the world and shoot down on the players where they can't shoot you. If you want to learn more about glitches you can see my videos.

What do you think of the game?

I really like the game and I have spent 1000's of hours in this game. Especially with the sniper class because you can 1 shot guys in a headshot, it is pretty hard hitting a headshot though, there is no crosshair when playing sniper. This is to make it harder because if you use an assault rifle it will take something like 7 direct hits to kill someone.

Is there some kind of stat system?

Yes, but only for Singleplayer, in the stat page (Carerr) you can see K/D Awards and Points to death (P/D)

Is there a multiplayer and is it any good?

There is a multiplayer, but because the game is old, there are usually only a few servers that are full. But when you get into a game it is very good, note that most of the players that are still playing are great and plays in clans. They will play sniper and one shot you. I therefore recommend you play sniper too because you will often get oneshot anyway. But if you feel like playing another class that is good too. The classes are quite balanced. Classes are unlocked by getting kills and or points in the multiplayer match you are playing. The classes are (in order)

Assault guy (Gets assault rifle and grenades, no points to unlock)

Rocket guy (Gets rocket launcher and mines, no points to unlock)

Sniper (Gets sniper rifle and grenades, no points to unlock)

Engineer (Gets shotgun and throw-able bombs, no points to unlock)

Different guy (This varies on different "nations" 8 points to unlock)

Different guy 2 (This varies on different "nations" 12 points to unlock)

The same classes goes for Singleplayer too.

You told me about space battles, what are they?

There is 1 team vs 1 team. They spawn in different big ships. Such as this one. In the big ships there are modules and smaller ships. You can go to these small ships and fly around in space and to the other teams big ship. In the other ship you can kill their players and destroy their modules. The modules has different functions such as activating cannons and using motors.

Good stuff to know

While playing space battles, double pressing "a" will do a roll

While playing space battles, pressing "c" will make from coming like this ---> 

to <---

While playing multiplayer, a sniper that is zommed in holds his gun up in the air and you can't see where he aims. Be aware!

Nice review! But there are a few questions I still want to ask.

I googled around and found this, it explains some facts I have not.

You can also see the wikipedia page:

And a youtube video

(Console)

You can also reply to this thread with your questions and I will try to answer them.

I can also confirm that there will be a battlefront 3 developed by DICE very soon. This will be for next-gen and will be futuristic. It seems cool but I think it won't be very good. Take a look at it in 1-2 years and it might be released.

And yes again, this is a serious review of an old game.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

I forgot, do i need direct x 5 or 6. Also is 2gb of vram good enough. Im still running sandy bridge. Hopefully I can reach the 2000 fps so that its playable, we all know how choppy it is under that.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Awesome game although i think battlefront 1 was better but i loved the space battles in the 2nd

Gaming rig: CPU: I5-2500K GPU: EVGA 660TI 3GB SC+ RAM: Corsair 8GB Vengence 1600MHz SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo Keyboard: Razer Black Widow ultimate Mouse: Logitech MX Master Monitor: 2x Acer 21.5 inch

Laptop Dell 7559: CPU: i7-6700HQ GPU: GTX 960M 4GB RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

I forgot, do i need direct x 5 or 6. Also is 2gb of vram good enough. Im still running sandy bridge. Hopefully I can reach the 2000 fps so that its playable, we all know how choppy it is under that.

Lol xD. Well it runs on directX 9 I believe. (Went to check it, yes it runs DirectX 9.

i just...i cant even

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

The menu ui for pc is just horrible in BF2 compared to BF1 ps2 version. Well, at least it looks horrible imo..

But ok. Battlefront 3 coming? YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

The grammar in this makes me cringe.

Denotes, OP location...Sweden

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Oh that sweet game... I was kind of addicted to it back when I was still playing on my PS2

The grammar in this makes me cringe.

Du kan tala svenska om du inte tycker om ops engelska...

Du kan tala svenska om du inte tycker om ops engelska...

Så sant, så sant....

This was the first FPS I ever played, first co-op besides LEGO star wars, first game I would have ever pulled an all-niter with, This game is my CHILDHOOD (I still am young). Me and my friend would have sleepovers and play this all night long. Why was production of the new one stopped :(

FX 8350 | MSI 650ti BOOST | Gigabyte 970A-UD3P | Corsair CX 430

Diablotek Evo | WD Caviar Green 1TB 

Linus Tech Tips Fan!

This was the first FPS I ever played, first co-op besides LEGO star wars, first game I would have ever pulled an all-niter with, This game is my CHILDHOOD (I still am young). Me and my friend would have sleepovers and play this all night long. Why was production of the new one stopped :(

As I told you. Battlefront 3 will be released by EA. Same, I have spent more than 3000 hours in this game, playing on a 512 ram computer and it was amazing. I played this game 7 years ago when I was 5 i believe?.

As I told you. Battlefront 3 will be released by EA. Same, I have spent more than 3000 hours in this game, playing on a 512 ram computer and it was amazing. I played this game 7 years ago when I was 5 i believe?.

DICE is making a new Battlefront, not Battlefront 3 because probably the veterans would be mad because they changed so much stuff.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

DICE is making a new Battlefront, not Battlefront 3 because probably the veterans would be mad because they changed so much stuff.

Yeah, that was what I meant, but it will be the next battlefront.