Is EVGA PSU really that loud

ivanteng880

Hi,i  am currently building rig and i'm currently looking for a PSU. i've gathered, the EVGA is even better.
But....there is a problem. I've read on several places and different opinions and reviews, that the G2 PSU is very loud.
So i would like to ask those of you, who have personal experience with them, if its really that big of a problem?
Or perhaps you have another good suggestion for which PSU should i choose?

I have a G3 750W which has an ECO mode button that makes the fans not spin until certain load.

When the fans do spin, they are definitely audible but less than my GPU or CPU coolers.

The G2 actually has a bit less noisy fans than the G3.

Honestly... it's not an issue imo.

My 550GS is totally silent 99% of the time I use it. The other 1% is when I start the PC.

Depends on the unit. The G3 are quite loud. The G2 750W in my friend's PC is dead silent in his dual GTX 980 system. Depends on how hot the unit gets and if you use the ECO mode function.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

6 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

My 550GS is totally silent 99% of the time I use it. The other 1% is when I start the PC.

Depends on the unit. The G3 are quite loud. The G2 750W in my friend's PC is dead silent in his dual GTX 980 system. Depends on how hot the unit gets and if you use the ECO mode function.

then why do so many people complain about how loud the psu is? 

7 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Oh and by the way I'm going to have a 400W system and a 650W PSU with ECO mode on. Is it going to be loud when I play some very intensive games?

7 minutes ago, ivanteng880 said:

Oh and by the way I'm going to have a 400W system and a 650W PSU with ECO mode on. Is it going to be loud when I play some very intensive games?

What are your specs?

The fan comes on depending on heat, not on load.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

When people use water cooled AIO, SSD, and 14cm fan that spins at slow rpm, it will make fan in their PSU more noticeable since that's the only parts that spinning at 100% all the time assuming it was lower grade EVGA psu.

Because loud is an entirely subjective issue and there are WAY too many people now a days think they're audiophiles and that their system needs to theoretically generate 30Db or less even though the soundfloor of their room is 45Db and it's all soft surfaces.

9 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

What are your specs?

The fan comes on depending on heat, not on load.

And on Amazon reviews there is even one that fried that guys entire PC

7 minutes ago, ivanteng880 said:

I never even notice the fans on my G2 750W. It has an eco mode, so a lot of the time the fans aren't even spinning. You shouldn't have any problems with that psu. 

As far as the one review that you read about someone's PC getting fried, I wouldn't worry about that. Out of the 4,000+ reviews it still has a 4.5 star rating. People are much more likely to write reviews for products they don't like, so judging by the few bad reviews it has, I think you'll be all right.

56 minutes ago, ivanteng880 said:

That'll use about 300W under light OC load. 

The G2 550W would be fine.

51 minutes ago, ivanteng880 said:

That's bound to happen with any unit that's mass produced.