buy better fan

dadis25

I have air cooler Cryorig H7 and I would like to change  Cryorig fan qf120  to Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 High Speed BL070 ORE Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 PWM BL66. Whitch of this is a better choise or not? I would like a more silent fan at the full speed and the normal work.

Please help me whit that.

9 minutes ago, dadis25 said:

I have air cooler Cryorig H7 and I would like to change  Cryorig fan qf120  to Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 High Speed BL070 ORE Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 PWM BL66. Whitch of this is a better choise or not? I would like a more silent fan at the full speed and the normal work.

Please help me whit that.

The Silent Wing 3 BL070

2200RPM 73.33CFM 28.6DBA 

The Silent Wing 3 BL066

1450RPM 50.5CFM 16.4DBA 

To break it down, CFM is "cubic feet per minute" meaning a fan would be able to move a certain amount of volume through it, measured by cubic feet.

DBA is decibels, or the measurement of the noise it produces.

Between the two the BL066 version is significantly quieter at max rpm, however the BL070 will perform better (thought maybe only a few degrees depending on the CPU you're pairing with the H7 air cooler)

If your main concern is silence, get the BL066

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The Silent Wing 3 BL070

2200RPM 73.33CFM 28.6DBA 

The Silent Wing 3 BL066

1450RPM 50.5CFM 16.4DBA 

To break it down, CFM is "cubic feet per minute" meaning a fan would be able to move a certain amount of volume through it, measured by cubic feet.

DBA is decibels, or the measurement of the noise it produces.

Between the two the BL066 version is significantly quieter at max rpm, however the BL070 will perform better (thought maybe only a few degrees depending on the CPU you're pairing with the H7 air cooler)

If your main concern is silence, get the BL066

I have CPU FX 8150. If I improve my silence between cryorig QF120 and Be quiet silent wings 3 BL066 ore the dB are the same?

1 minute ago, dadis25 said:

I have CPU FX 8150. If I improve my silence between cryorig QF120 and Be quiet silent wings 3 BL066 ore the dB are the same?

Cryorig lists their fan as the following:

RPM

600~2200RPM

Air Flow

83 CFM

Noise Level

13~37 dBA

So it actually pushes the most air through the tower, but is the loudest at max rpm. You will improve the sound, but you might get some higher temperatures as a result (especially if you go with the BL066).

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Cryorig lists their fan as the following:

RPM

600~2200RPM

Air Flow

83 CFM

Noise Level

13~37 dBA

So it actually pushes the most air through the tower, but is the loudest at max rpm. You will improve the sound, but you might get some higher temperatures as a result (especially if you go with the BL066).

Hy one in this forum said "The silent wings 3 PWM have a design fault which can lead to problems controlling higher pwm percentages/fan speeds (200k ohm pull up)."

is this realy true or what this realy mean I am confused 

43 minutes ago, dadis25 said:

Hy one in this forum said "The silent wings 3 PWM have a design fault which can lead to problems controlling higher pwm percentages/fan speeds (200k ohm pull up)."

I am not sure about his claim. I have not done any specific research into whether or not the Silent Wings 3 have had problems at the highest RPMs. 

Guys... that are the exact same fans. Just the rpm range is different. So at the same rpm they will perform the same :o. You just have to get an idea which rpm range is the one that suits you and will match the rpm you want to stay at.

If you are open for other fan suggestions: Noctua NF-A12x25 (much quieter than the SW3)

2 hours ago, Dschijn said:

Guys... that are the exact same fans. Just the rpm range is different. So at the same rpm they will perform the same :o. You just have to get an idea which rpm range is the one that suits you and will match the rpm you want to stay at.

If you are open for other fan suggestions: Noctua NF-A12x25 (much quieter than the SW3)

Agreed. Get the Noctua.

Most quiet fans are noisy at high rpm because it's better to have the extra rpm range and not need it than not have it when it's needed most. 

Why not lower your fan speeds instead?

6 hours ago, dadis25 said:

Can you provide a link to where you read this?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, Dschijn said:

Could be from thermalbench.com : http://thermalbench.com/2016/09/05/be-quiet-silent-wings-3-120-mm-fan/3/

Problem mainly occurs with Aquaeros.

The problem is rpm not following closely to the pwm signal. As long as it's a continually positive curve, the tweaking that's normally needed to get consistent fan noise should be enough to make it a non-issue.

It's also a problem that's limited to some motherboards and not others.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It is an issue, that is the problem. You can't really control the rpm with PWM signals between 95-99%because the jumps are too extreme.