Cheap GTX 1070ti vs Good GTX1070

Daniel_1104

So I live in the UK and have found a deal for a GTX1070ti Palit for £400 and that’s the price of GTX1070s mid range. So what do you guys say go with the cheap 1070ti which has no back plate and is made of plastic avg temps about 75 or a mid range Gtx 1070 like a superclocked? I’m leaning towards the Gtx 1070ti but i’m new to buying GPU’s and don’t know much about cheap GPU’s negatives.

If you are only playing at 1080p I'd go for a cheap GTX 1070.

But if you need the additional power, then go for the 1070Ti. A 1070Ti is more like a 1080, than a 1070.

1 minute ago, Daniel_1104 said:

So I live in the UK and have found a deal for a GTX1070ti Palit for £400 and that’s the price of GTX1070s mid range. So what do you guys say go with the cheap 1070ti which has no back plate and is made of plastic avg temps about 75 or a mid range Gtx 1070 like a superclocked? I’m leaning towards the Gtx 1070ti but i’m new to buying GPU’s and don’t know much about cheap GPU’s negatives.

Honestly if the 1070ti is from a reputable source I'd say go for it, I'd check the warranty and return info before though.

Primary PC: OMEN 880-160se / 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8700K / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB / 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD / BU ICTO UMA Z370 Motherboard / 750 W Platinum efficiency power supply.

Secondary PC: HP Pheonix 860-010 / 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6700 / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB / 128GB SSD + 2TB HDD / 500 W power supply.

11 minutes ago, Daniel_1104 said:

So I live in the UK and have found a deal for a GTX1070ti Palit for £400

A 1070 Ti for £ 400 indeed seems like a good deal. I would definitely go for that if I know for sure that the seller is reputable/thrustworthy enough.

Do you also receive warranty on the 1070 TI? 

9 minutes ago, UrbanPhoenix said:

Honestly if the 1070ti is from a reputable source I'd say go for it, I'd check the warranty and return info before though.

It’s off Amazon and the manufacturer is called Palit

1 minute ago, Christophe Corazza said:

A 1070 Ti for £ 400 indeed seems like a good deal. I would definitely go for that if I know for sure that the seller is reputable/thrustworthy enough.

Do you also receive warranty on the 1070 TI? 

The seller is Amazon so the seller is pretty good

Just now, Daniel_1104 said:

The seller is Amazon so the seller is pretty good

If it is Palit themselves who sells the card, then I wouldn't doubt and go for the 1070 Ti.

Palit is a decent brand for graphics cards.

If it's this card then it's actually sold by DealTime IT and fullfilled by Amazon. I've never heard of DealTime IT, though they have 5 stars/100% feedback in the last 12 months from 573 ratings. Amazon usually have a good record with customer service.

I'm not saying you should go buy it, but I can't see any red flags for the reseller.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

10 minutes ago, chiller15 said:

If it's this card then it's actually sold by DealTime IT and fullfilled by Amazon. I've never heard of DealTime IT, though they have 5 stars/100% feedback in the last 12 months from 573 ratings. Amazon usually have a good record with customer service.

I'm not saying you should go buy it, but I can't see any red flags for the reseller.

Ah yes that’s the seller. It all looked good to me to. So i’ll go for the Gtx1070ti 

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Daniel_1104 said:

Ah yes that’s the seller. It all looked good to me to. So i’ll go for the Gtx1070ti 

Thanks

Good choice :-)

1 hour ago, Daniel_1104 said:

GTX 1070ti is a very slightly downgraded GTX 1080 therefore it will shit on any GTX 1070 regardless of the overclock, all day long...i'd rather have even a blower cooler 1070ti than even a FTW 1070 personally.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 hour ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

GTX 1070ti is a very slightly downgraded GTX 1080 therefore it will shit on any GTX 1070 regardless of the overclock, all day long...i'd rather have even a blower cooler 1070ti than even a FTW 1070 personally.

Yeah that was my thinking but I just wanted to make sure and ask on here