ZdMods - Project 720

Meelobee

ground up build from scratch this will be a great build to see ,as it gets built keep up the fantastic work ...

:) :) :)

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.300V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

wow this build is gonna look sooooooooooooooooo good, can't wait! :lol:

I sometimes use the pen from my wacom tablet to type cuz i'm too lazy to set it down :P

Incredible work bud! Love the tiered aluminum like steps inviting your eyes to look in at the mobo!!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Its different from most other builds, but I like it.  Quite a lot. Looking great

mother of god *_*

Thanks guys :)

ground up build from scratch this will be a great build to see ,as it gets built keep up the fantastic work ...

:) :) :)

Not a real scratchbuild actually, it's based on a Dell XPS 720

Interesting case.

Yes, I thought so too., great canvas for a build :)

wow this build is gonna look sooooooooooooooooo good, can't wait! :lol:

Thanks lazer :)

This, I got to follow.

Welcome, enjoy the show :)

Incredible work bud! Love the tiered aluminum like steps inviting your eyes to look in at the mobo!!

Thanks man, that was partially the idea behind the multi midplates :)

ZdMods
Finished builds Red 
 Project 180 • Project pǝʇɹǝʌuı • Harman/Kardon HTPC

Looks good so far mate, what size fans are those on the front?

i5-4570 I CM Hyper 212 Evo I Corsair XMS3 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 RAM I Asus H87M-Pro I MSI R9-280X Twin Frozr I
Plextor M5S 128GB SSD I WD Blue 500GB HDDVantec Voltra 550W I Antec GX700 Modded

i have one of these cases. you posting this reminds me that i need to finish working on it. And nice work so far, its gonna look great.

You are killing this forum with your build.

Anyone for a poll for best builds on linustechtips year awards? 

Looks good so far mate, what size fans are those on the front?

Thanks man, the fans are 120mm, Corsair SP120's 

i have one of these cases. you posting this reminds me that i need to finish working on it. And nice work so far, its gonna look great.

Thanks, these cases deserve some love, they're one of the best looking stock models.

You are killing this forum with your build.

Anyone for a poll for best builds on linustechtips year awards? 

Not sure if that is a good or bad thing, should I be worried?! :D 

ZdMods
Finished builds Red 

• 4 weeks later...
ip6s.png

banner_asus.png

A while ago I came into contact with Asus Benelux. When they saw this build and heard about the plans for the rest of the build they decided to step up and sponsor the project with not just one, but two of their Radeon R9 280x cards! A pair of very awesome cards, that will take this build to a new level hardware wise! Thanks alot Asus! :)

078.jpg

079.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

Ofcourse both cards go in the build, so I had to make the holes for them:

084.jpg

085.jpg

Both cards just in

086.jpg

The left sides of the cards hang a bit because of the weight of the heatsink, the waterblocks weigh less, so it should be ok then.

087.jpg

Made a simple lock for the videocards

088.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

Took the midplate assembly apart and drilled a 10mm hole (biggest drill I have) through all the plates (18mm thick in total) and filed the hole to 25mm

091.jpg

092.jpg

093.jpg

Made a ring from 3mm alu sheet, inner diameter is the same as the inner diameter of the tube

094.jpg

095.jpg

Ring is epoxied to the bottom of the lowest midplate, preventing the tube to fall all the way through.

096.jpg

097.jpg

098.jpg

The tube will be used for the 24Pin wiring, it should be just big enough to hold 24 sleeved cables, but it's going to be a tight squeeze :)

ZdMods
Finished builds Red 

Update? UPDATE! :D

Looking mighty awesome if I may say so. :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

This is awesome.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

• 2 weeks later...
720_logo.png

Oh man I couldn't be happier right now, after some talks Corsair decided to sponsor this build too and wow when they decide to help, they do it good.. They have send me a big box full of parts, way more than I could imagine!

10151867_650073348380949_568671796757284

The box was filled with:

16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX3M4A2400C10)

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

2x Light bar upgrade for the memory modules

103.jpg

104.jpg

2x  Neutron GTX 240Gb SSD

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

10x Corsair AF120 LED Fan White

108.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

Thanks so much Corsair! Harry you rock!:thumb:

Even though the 720 is a big case I still managed to run into a problem with the space. Below the midplate there is not enough room to put the pump and reservoir next to eachother, both are quite big (D5 pump with Aquacomp top & Aqualis 880Ml res) so I've ordered an adapter that allows the pump to be installed directly onto the reservoir. 

And to complete the hardware I've also ordered the following parts:

- Aquaero 6 XT USB Fan-Controller :cooldude:

- Aquaero Flow sensor "high flow USB" G1/4

These and the adapter should arrive somewhere next week :)

ZdMods
Finished builds Red 

Do the light bars light up or just have the blue inserts? Also this looks really cool

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

Do the light bars light up or just have the blue inserts? Also this looks really cool

They light up I believe

Edit:

200x200px-ZC-9a5ccbfb_19bkhf.jpeg

Yep

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

• 1 month later...
720_logo.png

on with the show, it's been a while again and in the mean time I bought a better backdrop for my pictures. So from now on some of my pics will look a bit more decent (Not all, cause it's quite some work to setup the 'photoboot')

I've used the backdrop to make some pics with the current state of the build

I've added 2 angled pieces in the top of the case, they will hold a 360 slimline radiator and they add to the structure of the case. This alows the top top come off which will be usefull later on when filling the loop.

111.png

112.png

113.png

114.png

115.png

The Aquaero Controller also needs a place, in the front of the case isn't an option, so I came up with this

116.png

Measured the controller, put it in Sketchup, exported it to Layer and printed it on a sticker so I could cut/file it into shape

117.png

118.png

119.png

And after some cutting and filing this is the result

121.png

ZdMods
Finished builds Red 

That is a cool location for the controller. You can still see it even though it is inside the case. What does it control?

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

What you've done to this case is really impressive.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Looks amazing, one of the best OEM case mods I've seen.

More links in my profile! Builds: Project(Main Rig): Cosmos Sv2 -- 2nd PC: Old School AMD -- Project: HD4890 Revival,

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Specs Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Cosmos Sv2:

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.1ghz
  • Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000
  • GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Turbo
  • Case: Modded Cosmos S (Cosmos Sv2)
  • Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe, 2x WD Red 2TB raid 1, 150GB Toshiba 2.5"
  • PSU: Corsair HX850
  • Display(s): Samsung LC32JG50QQNZA 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz, LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz
  • Cooling: Custom Loop
  • Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum
  • Mouse: Corsair Dark Core
  • Sound: Oboard with Logitech something or other 5.1 speakers and HyperX Headset
  • PC Part Picker URL: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/NotSoEpicMods/saved/LYysZL

Old School AMD:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev1.0
  • RAM: 16GB Patriot Sector 5
  • GPU: XFX HD 7950
  • Case: Cougar MX330-G Glass Window
  • Storage: 2x HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 
  • PSU: Corsair 650W
  • Display(s): Samsung 32"
  • Cooling: Hyper 212+
  • Keyboard: Logitech G110
  • Mouse: Logitech M100
  • Sound: HyperX Headset

Should have called it 420...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020