h75 with s340 elite

ng00

Hi im wondering if the h75 from corsair would fit in the s340 elite and could i get some help where i would mount it in the s340 elite? thanks

18 hours ago, ng00 said:

Hi im wondering if the h75 from corsair would fit in the s340 elite and could i get some help where i would mount it in the s340 elite? thanks

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, the H75 will fit in the S340 Elite. I actually found a perfect example of that exact cooler being used in an S340 elite

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Hh9J7P

You could mount it in either location at the front, or in the back like this one user did wiht a Corsair H60 (also a 120mm AIO, just without the extra fan)

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/WVcYcf

You MIGHT be able to top mount it but I'm not 100% sure. I would personally stick to the front mount :)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

31 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, the H75 will fit in the S340 Elite. I actually found a perfect example of that exact cooler being used in an S340 elite

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Hh9J7P

You could mount it in either location at the front, or in the back like this one user did wiht a Corsair H60 (also a 120mm AIO, just without the extra fan)

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/WVcYcf

You MIGHT be able to top mount it but I'm not 100% sure. I would personally stick to the front mount :)

Would you recommend the two fan one at the bottom or the 1 fan setup at the top?

1 minute ago, ng00 said:

Would you recommend the two fan one at the bottom or the 1 fan setup at the top?

I would recommend the two fan setup on a radiator. This is known as a "push/pull" configuration, because you have a fan on one side of the radiator "pushing" air through the radiator and another fan on the other side "pulling" air through the radiator. This is more efficient than having only 1 fan on either side of the radiator. Additionally, depending on your motherboard you could also install the second fan on the back mount of the case as well. The user in the example provided did not do that, because the cooler he purchased only came with one fan, not two like yours does. I would personally mount the Radiator you have either at the bottom front portion of the case or the top front, it doesn't matter too much where in the front. 

One thing i would suggest is that wherever you mount your radiator in the front, remove the fan at the very top (above the motherboard) and put it in the front slot where you're not putting your RAD so that you can get better airflow though your case's filter (it means less cleaning involved) ;) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

29 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I would recommend the two fan setup on a radiator. This is known as a "push/pull" configuration, because you have a fan on one side of the radiator "pushing" air through the radiator and another fan on the other side "pulling" air through the radiator. This is more efficient than having only 1 fan on either side of the radiator. Additionally, depending on your motherboard you could also install the second fan on the back mount of the case as well. The user in the example provided did not do that, because the cooler he purchased only came with one fan, not two like yours does. I would personally mount the Radiator you have either at the bottom front portion of the case or the top front, it doesn't matter too much where in the front. 

One thing i would suggest is that wherever you mount your radiator in the front, remove the fan at the very top (above the motherboard) and put it in the front slot where you're not putting your RAD so that you can get better airflow though your case's filter (it means less cleaning involved) ;) 

If I install it at the top of the front I can only fit one fan on the radiator but if I put it at the bottom front I can fit 2. Which one should I do?

3 minutes ago, ng00 said:

If I install it at the top of the front I can only fit one fan on the radiator but if I put it at the bottom front I can fit 2. Which one should I do?

If that's true, definitely go bottom mount. As mentioned earlier, Push/Pull will give you better performance for your CPU :) 

17 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

If that's true, definitely go bottom mount. As mentioned earlier, Push/Pull will give you better performance for your CPU :) 

If I was to put it at the top front with just push and then put 1 exhaust at the back and one at the top would that be ok?

9 minutes ago, ng00 said:

If I was to put it at the top front with just push and then put 1 exhaust at the back and one at the top would that be ok?

It would be okay yes, but you might lose out on some of the performance for the CPU cooler. This might actually help your GPU temperatures if you used all four fan spots in the case. Depending on the CPU, that's a trade off you'd have to decide. 

My blue build in my signature (the blue link to the right) actually uses all 4 fan slots (using an AIO tower though) the bottom fan in the front definitely helps cool the GPU more directly.

45 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

It would be okay yes, but you might lose out on some of the performance for the CPU cooler. This might actually help your GPU temperatures if you used all four fan spots in the case. Depending on the CPU, that's a trade off you'd have to decide. 

My blue build in my signature (the blue link to the right) actually uses all 4 fan slots (using an AIO tower though) the bottom fan in the front definitely helps cool the GPU more directly.

Currently I have both fans on my radiator at the back of my old case and it currently gets 70C under load while sucking air from inside the case. If I have one fan sucking air into the radiator at the top front with the other fan below that and  2 fans at the back should be fine then right? I might just try both and see what temps I get. Thank you so much for the help though :) more help I've ever got from toms hardware lol..

3 minutes ago, ng00 said:

Currently I have both fans on my radiator at the back of my old case and it currently gets 70C under load while sucking air from inside the case. If I have one fan sucking air into the radiator at the top front with the other fan below that and  2 fans at the back should be fine then right? I might just try both and see what temps I get. Thank you so much for the help though :) more help I've ever got from toms hardware lol..

Yes that will be perfectly fine

No problem! :D