How to make sd card primary storage

Olli_

Hi,

I am currently using a lg k8 as my old phone was smashed and needed a cheap phone however im struggling with the storage. The phone only comes with 8gb of internal storage and only about 2gb is left so no room at all. I have a sd card and was wondering is it possible to put everything on there or how to make it the primary storage when i download apps and stuff.

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, Olli_ said:

Not possible, I'm afraid. You can save pictures and video and move SOME apps to the SD card assuming you have at least Android 6 or newer. The majority is stuck to your internal storage though.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

28 minutes ago, Olli_ said:

Hi,

I am currently using a lg k8 as my old phone was smashed and needed a cheap phone however im struggling with the storage. The phone only comes with 8gb of internal storage and only about 2gb is left so no room at all. I have a sd card and was wondering is it possible to put everything on there or how to make it the primary storage when i download apps and stuff.

Thanks 

Yes you can, if you have root access

Like what fatlooser123 said, with root most of the unmovable caps can be transferred to the SD card

Do expect some instability however.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

You can also move them manually (most of files) with no root. But you can move EVERY file with root.