Wow that helps alot. The things you explained of what the 3470 is capable of, absolutely fits my needs. Thanks so much!

No problem :)

I've owned your GPU and I had to play BF3 at 800x600 (luckily exactly half of my resolution so it didn't look too bad) and lowest settings, and then it proceeded to die on me O.o so yeah...

R9 290 now though :3

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

3570 is good, but maybe consider an amd processor considering that mantle is just around the corner which will give you a great boost in bf4

3570 is good, but maybe consider an amd processor considering that mantle is just around the corner which will give you a great boost in bf4

That's unconfirmed if Mantle is that game changing.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.

This.

CPU bottlenecking is the least of your worries. The GT 610 is a terrible graphics card. I would buy a good CPU and graphics card combo for Battlefield 4. Save up your pennies and get an R9 270 and an i5-3470. If that's a bit pricey, pick a GTX 650 Ti Boost if you can find one. Seriously, never buy a GT card. Those low-end GPUs are so pointless from a price-to-performance ratio, especially when they end in a 10.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

A GT610 is a HTPC card, it does it's job for that. GTS450's in SLI were popular for low budget builds back in the day but now the GT/GTS Line is just a complete joke.

A 7870 is usually a good $30-50 cheaper and it's the same card as a 270X.

Save and upgrade both CPU and GPU at the same time. A new GPU will bottleneck that no HT Dual core something terrible but will give increased FPS, while buying the CPU first wll yield no gain.

Integrated graphics is just fine for that. If the CPU doesn't have that, though, I can see why someone would buy a GT 610. But more gaming PCs have integrated graphics than those that don't, these days.

If you can find an HD 7870, it's probably cheaper and it performs pretty much as well as an R9 270(X).

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

That's true, but i'd still wait for the mantle update, and not buy a new cpu at this moment, considering that mantle will be coming soon.

upgrading the cpu is definitely a good thing for you (and the one you suggest is a good choice too) but don't expect to see any big fps improvement until you upgrade the gpu too (I suggest something along the lines of a hd 7750 but you said you're on a very low budget so...) I hope this helped :) cheers

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's true, but i'd still wait for the mantle update, and not buy a new cpu at this moment, considering that mantle will be coming soon.

You still make Mantle sound so good. Oh well, your opinion.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.

I'd suggest getting a cpu before 1155 cpus gets too expensive or lower in availability. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'd suggest getting a cpu before 1155 cpus gets too expensive or lower in availability.

Yeah maybe a 3570k

Yeah maybe a 3570k

No point. the OP doesn't have a z77 mobo.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you're looking for an FPS increase upgrade your GPU. You're going to be dropping like $200 or something like that on the CPU? 

I'd suggest that you spend around $100 on a decent GPU first, try and find a 7850 on clearance or something. Do that before CPU upgrade. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White