Best CPU for gaming/recording?

It's time to upgrade from my i3-4350/GTX 750 TI build.  I want a CPU that can handle gaming as well has high-quality/bitrate 1080p/60fps recording via OBS.  I'm not really into streaming or getting into YouTube full-time, so there's no reason to get too crazy for future proofing.  Just something to post highlight compilations to YouTube now and then.  I was thinking along the lines of R5 1600, Ryzen 7 family, or the Coffee Lake i7 family.  Thank you!

A few questions so we are able to help you with your problem:

- What are the specifications of all of your components in your current system? Maybe we can salvage some vomponents like the PSU.

- Can you tell us which games you play?

- What is your budget fot the whole system?

18 minutes ago, MiNy said:

Don't quote me on this but I've heard Ryzen CPUs are more efficient for video rendering and editing.

It also depends on which software you are using. For example, Adobe applications generally are not that multithreaded.

41 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

A few questions so we are able to help you with your problem:

- What are the specifications of all of your components in your current system? Maybe we can salvage some vomponents like the PSU.

- Can you tell us which games you play?

- What is your budget fot the whole system?

i3-4350

GTX 750 TI

8GB DDR3 1600 RAM

I upgraded to a SSD/HDD pairing not too long ago so I'll save that.

And a 450W PSU.

As for games, just about everything from shooters to browser games to racing games.

Budget is $1200

image.png.1ca1cf09de2590f0fdd44c4238510eb4.png

I just upgraded to the new Ryzen 7 2700x for $400 really because I sold my i7 6700k / mobo/ ram and cpu cooler to a friend for $250. If you do the same you could save a few bucks. Even if you don't. You STILL have enough money left to buy a High end GPU for gaming. Overclock the ram to 3000 Mhz and you get a 16% performance increase! I chose the Ryzen 2 X470 mobo with my Zen + CPU so that I Have an upgrade path for the new features coming to the new Ryzen 2 cpu's coming next year. Plus the mobo  has a higher power cap to feed the Cpu giving more stable power for a overclock.

New games like Pubg, Far Cry 5 and Rainbow Six siege favor 6 Cores now for maximum FPS.