Windows 10

Hi everyone,

The windows activation message is always popping up and its really annoying.

Does anyone know how to remove it permanently?

Cheers,

:D

I have from my laptop that I have barely used. Can I use this one?

5 minutes ago, Anastasios said:

I have from my laptop that I have barely used. Can I use this one?

What do you have from your laptop? Please provide details

If you're wanting to know whether you can transfer Windows 10 license from one PC to another then yes you can

ok, so I bought a laptop with windows 8 that recently was upgraded to windows 10, but I built a desktop and I was wondering if I could use the one from the laptop instead of buying another one, since I don't use the laptop any more

17 minutes ago, Anastasios said:

ok, so I bought a laptop with windows 8 that recently was upgraded to windows 10, but I built a desktop and I was wondering if I could use the one from the laptop instead of buying another one, since I don't use the laptop any more

Yes you definitely can, If you've logged in with a Microsoft account on the Laptop, then that Windows 10 license is tied to your account, you should be able to transfer the licence

Just go to the activation page in settings and there should be an option named "Add an account", use your Microsoft account and transfer the license, failing that click on troubleshoot and then it should ask for account details

Alternatively if you still have the Windows 7 key, you can just enter that and Windows 10 should activate 

I am searching for the license but don't know where to find it. Any ideas?

14 hours ago, Anastasios said:

I am searching for the license but don't know where to find it. Any ideas?

It's not gonna be displayed as 'license', it's linked to your Microsoft account 

And please use the Quote option below my reply, or I won't be notified that you replied 

16 hours ago, Anastasios said:

If the license that came with your laptop was an OEM license AND you logged in with your Microsoft account on the laptop, you may or may not be able to just login with your Microsoft account on the desktop and have it activate based on your account. I say may or may not because OEM licenses are usually tied to the original equipment as provided by the manufacturer, aka the license is tied to the laptop.

Try what @Vishvas Sudarshan suggested to see if your Desktop windows will activate when you link your local account to your Microsoft account. If it works, great! Otherwise you'll need to purchase a license for the version of Windows that you have on the desktop from an authorized reseller.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

With Win8 and newer laptops keys aren't displayed anywhere. So if MS account doesn't work, you need to buy a new key.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 6/18/2018 at 8:00 AM, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

It's not gonna be displayed as 'license', it's linked to your Microsoft account 

And please use the Quote option below my reply, or I won't be notified that you replied 

Hi there, sorry for the late reply...

I am just new to the forum.

I tried it but it doesn't work. Sounds good, I will have to buy another one then! 

thank you anyways!

1 minute ago, Anastasios said:

Hi there, sorry for the late reply...

I am just new to the forum.

I tried it but it doesn't work. Sounds good, I will have to buy another one then! 

thank you anyways!

Try one last thing, contact Microsoft Customer care and tell them that you need to transfer licence, better then spending money and buying a new licence 

2 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Try one last thing, contact Microsoft Customer care and tell them that you need to transfer licence, better then spending money and buying a new licence 

That's actually a good idea. I will try and let you know