Gtx 1160 predictions

Zzzzz69

Hey guys. If Nvidia will release it's new gpu, do you think that the 1160 will be close to a 1070 or anything else? Please drop your predictions or expectations from this card. Thank you in advance!

I didn't even know that they were going to release a 1160...damn I need to check the news more.

2 minutes ago, wh1sp3r said:

I didn't even know that they were going to release a 1160...damn I need to check the news more.

They haven't announced it.  The only thing we know is that it will be a long time before the next generation comes out.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, wh1sp3r said:

I didn't even know that they were going to release a 1160...damn I need to check the news more

Oh i just heard news from a friend and the internet about 11 series gpu's

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

They haven't announced it.  The only thing we know is that it will be a long time before the next generation comes out.

How said. Do you think that it's gonna perform better than a 1070? Or close to a 1070?

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

I'm helping out a friend who lives in CAD. He's gonna build a PC with the i5 8500 and he was planning to buy a 1160 once it's released but his friend said that It would bottleneck. So if it bottlenecks he's gonna change his cpu with the same gpu but if it doesn't he's gonna stay with the i5 8500 and 1160.

Ok I've been doing my research and found out the new cards instead of using Volta will be using a new architecture called "Turing" and they've only announced 1170 and 1180. As far as I know they haven't even announced the 1160. but it would obviously succeed the 1060. So since it's using GDDR6 memory and the new Turing architecture, I think it would be pretty close to the 1070. (Note that this is a prediction and my own opinion.)

Just now, wh1sp3r said:

Ok I've been doing my research and found out the new cards instead of using Volta will be using a new architecture called "Turing" and they've only announced 1170 and 1180. As far as I know they haven't even announced the 1160. but it would obviously succeed the 1060. So since it's using GDDR6 memory and the new Turing architecture, I think it would be pretty close to the 1070. (Note that this is a prediction and my own opinion.)

They havent actually announced any yet lol, so where have you been doing your research? 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

4 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I told him if the 1160 will perform close to a 1070 or 1070 ti it won't bottleneck cause I've checked other people who asked the same question and I saw that even the 1080ti can perform well enough with an i5 8500

6 minutes ago, Zzzzz69 said:

How said. Do you think that it's gonna perform better than a 1070? Or close to a 1070?

None of us have any idea.  It's like asking "Do you think it will be raining in exactly a year?"

1 minute ago, Zzzzz69 said:

I told him if the 1160 will perform close to a 1070 or 1070 ti it won't bottleneck cause I've checked other people who asked the same question and I saw that even the 1080ti can perform well enough with an i5 8500

Then you made up stats out of nowhere.  Tell your friend the truth.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, wh1sp3r said:

Alright bro. Thanks!

If the trend of last couple generations continues, 1160 should have similar performance to 1080. Again, big if.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

I changed my mind, I think it will perform better then the 1070, but the 1170 will succeed the 1070 anyways, so the 1160 would be inferior to the 1170. 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

None of us have any idea.  It's like asking "Do you think it will be raining in exactly a year?"

Thats why I said predictions bro. Predict anything about it and give your own opinion about it. It doesn't have to be that accurate

Just now, wh1sp3r said:

I changed my mind, I think it will perform better then the 1070, but the 1170 will succeed the 1070 anyways, so the 1160 would be inferior to the 1170. 

I agree. Thanks bro. You received yourself a follower xD

1 minute ago, Quadriplegic said:

If the trend of past couple generations continues, 1160 should have similar performance to 1080. Again, big if.

The possibility can be true. Thanks for the opinion

Just now, Zzzzz69 said:

Thats why I said predictions bro. Predict anything about it and give your own opinion about it. It doesn't have to be that accurate

No.  You're asking me to make a prediction that will affect your friend's financial decisions.  If you give a damn about him, you'll be honest and say it's impossible to tell.

31 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

If the trend of last couple generations continues, 1160 should have similar performance to 1080. Again, big if.

i'm lost here so the 1060 performs close to 980?

edit: my bad I forgot to include 960 vs 780 reference in along in this

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

1060 6GB is roughly as fast as 980.
1060 3GB is slightly faster than 970, but slower than 980/1060 6Gb due to nerfed CUDA cores.
1070 is rougly as fast as 980 Ti.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Just now, pas008 said:

No, the 1080 succeeded the 980, and the 1180 will succeed the 1080.

Also, the 1060 6GB performs a little better than the 980, but the 980 performs better than the 1060 3GB.

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

No.  You're asking me to make a prediction that will affect your friend's financial decisions.  If you give a damn about him, you'll be honest and say it's impossible to tell.

But bro it's just a prediction and opinion. His financial decisions won't even be sure yet cause there's no 1160 yet. I told him to be sure just wait for it. "Opinions" and "predticions"

2 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

1060 3GB is slightly faster than 970, but slower than 980/1060 6Gb due to nerfed CUDA cores.

That was only true for that generation though.  It's jumped around.  It's shitty to tell a friend what to buy based on something you make up entirely.

2 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

ok then just saying cuz we dont know if there will be 2 versions of xx60 again too lol

260, 560ti and 1060 all got dual versions from nvidia with different cores lol

We can't know everything about next gen cards without it being announced. We can only rely on professional "leakers", and the company, in this case Nvidia, to announce it.

hi.