i7-990x combo value?

Quick question

What do you think the value is for this set combined (second hand):

- Intel i7-990x 6-core / 12-thread
- Asus Rampage III Gene Micro-ATX motherboard
- 24GB DDR3 1600MHz
- Scythe Rasetsu Cooler

I have the option to buy this combo, but don't know what todays value is.

Thanks

Unless you can lose the 990X, you're going to end up way overpaying.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

30 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Unless you can lose the 990X, you're going to end up way overpaying.

Asking price is around 250 dollar (US)

25 minutes ago, xenic said:

Asking price is around 250 dollar (US)

Too much imo. The value of X58 is the used Xeon market. The motherboards are very expensive as a result. The motherboard is a decent one however 

That's an F in the profile pic

2 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Too much imo. The value of X58 is the used Xeon market. The motherboards are very expensive as a result. The motherboard is a decent one however 

Tbh, with the 24 gigs and the resale value for the 990X its not too bad. The 990X sells for 150-200$ on ebay alone, and 50-100 for board+24GB DDR3 aint bad.

Xeon e5649@4.4 GHz on Asus Rampage II Extreme or Gigabyte x58a-OC (whatever I feel like to set up at a time) , 6x4 GB Kingston HyperX 1600, Gainward GTX 670 Phantom, Samsung 840 Evo 240 GB, BeQuiet L8 530W

14 minutes ago, Ground said:

Tbh, with the 24 gigs and the resale value for the 990X its not too bad. The 990X sells for 150-200$ on ebay alone, and 50-100 for board+24GB DDR3 aint bad.

Was thinking the same, with ram prices through the roof.

Would be a nice upgrade from a i7-2600k with 8gb ddr3

With the ram 250 is not too bad. Try to get It for $200.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

Im not totally sure the value, but last year i got my hands on at bundle that contains:

I7 980X

Asus P6X58D Premium motherboard

12 GB of triple channel Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz ram

Noctua NH-D14 cpu cooler.

Asking price where what is like 230 USB or in my currentcy 1450 Dkr. including shipping for all of it. That where in Denmark i found it in a local paper sale.

I will say you cut bay it all and then sell that I7 990X. For the price you can get for that shut give you around a buget that you can get something like 2 or maybe 3 Xeon X5660 for.

By the way i love that bundle i got and that motherboard in that bundle you can get is one of the better oc board as well. Having my I7 980X running 4.42 GHz at 1.42 voltage. At those speed its a pretty neat cpu still, but be aware at those clocks X58 CPU's needs great cooling and airflow + they get power hungry. But can you live with that, X58 is fun to play around with.

That is a good deal for $200-250. The i7-990X is the same as the Xeon W3690 minus the ECC support, so you'll have top tier X58 parts without having to bother with  BCLK overclocking as well. There's no need to go for the common X56xx series chips with that setup.

I don't know how well it will perform with that cooler, but that chip can do 4.3-4.6 GHz easy, making it still quite compelling nowadays.