Need A Proper Ergonomic Comfortable Chair

Greetings Everyone.

I do not know if this is the proper area to post this so fi it isn't maybe admins can move me to proper category?

Anyway, I am seeking a proper chair.  I have had a horrible nightmare experience with the Lay Z Boy Trafford big and tall. Holy crap does my back hurt once the cushions leaves (2 months after) and there is a metal bar on the back that wreaks havoc on my shoulders.  

I understand that most people here might just say get a gaming chair, had one of those as well and it served me okay. 

I'm looking for something that is comfortable and can provide comfortable gaming/computer sessions of up to two hours or 3.  I say that because not all sessions are gaming.

So I'm 6'1 230lbs and having a real hard time determining any good chairs. So if there are those among you that have good experience or can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.   Not just someone looking at the top 10 internet chairs lol.  Real input. 

Thanks.

What is your budget?

A second hand hermon miller aeron is usually a good bet though, or new if you can afford it

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

1 minute ago, Rupe said:

What is your budget?

A second hand hermon miller aeron is usually a good bet though, or new if you can afford it

No budget really if the chair is actually worth it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Diablo-Ergonomic-breathable-adjustable-height-adjustable/dp/B079BSRV7P/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1528815481&sr=8-29&keywords=mesh+office+chair

Had something similar to the above link in an old job (but not exactly the same, as it was a while ago and i can't remember the brand) and it was super comfy for 7-8 hours of office work. No idea on the sort of quality of the one in the link either, so don't take that one as a specific recommendation, but something along those lines should be pretty good.

6 minutes ago, BrownBear0311 said:

So if there are those among you that have good experience or can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.   Not just someone looking at the top 10 internet chairs lol.  Real input. 

It is commonly recommended that you should go to a local store and try out some chairs yourself. Every human has a different body type that will react differently on a certain chair. One might be a perfect fit for one person but will be a nightmare to sit on for another.

Gonna be honest guys where I live that isn't much of an option. Not because I'm any place rural there just are not many office places near me

19 minutes ago, BrownBear0311 said:

Gonna be honest guys where I live that isn't much of an option. Not because I'm any place rural there just are not many office places near me

IKEA just pops into my mind as an example... according to Google Maps there should be an IKEA near you.

the lazyboy dresden active lumbar is my choice. I used to work at Staples and I would sit in that for a minute when i needed a break.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

11 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

the lazyboy dresden active lumbar is my choice. I used to work at Staples and I would sit in that for a minute when i needed a break.

Have you sat down on it for extended periods of time?

I would just reuse an old car seat from a junk yard. You'd have to bring your own tools to extract one and I bet it would only cost maybe $50. I would find a better way to convert a car seat though as most people online just use a piece of plywood, which doesn't strike me as very permanent.

I'm pretty sure that the chairs Linus and crew use are from a company which uses new car seats and just adds a customized base with casters. Barnacles Nerdgasm reviewed a chair made by GTOmega Racing which you can see is an actual car seat because it reclines farther back than the base can support. The cost converts to around $300 US which is the same if not less than some "high end" office chairs, only car seats last for over a decade. Ever notice that? 

Car seats can last forever with only slight comfort loss. Weird, right? 

Weird, Newegg now has that chair on sale (all black) for $200.

12 minutes ago, Charrette said:

I'm pretty sure that the chairs Linus and crew use are from a company which uses new car seats and just adds a customized base with casters.

What kind of car do you drive that makes you think these chairs look like car seats? ;)

16 minutes ago, BrownBear0311 said:

Have you sat down on it for extended periods of time?

i wish, but it's $250-$300 depending on sales so I can't afford it. But i've sat many times in it and love it. The lumbar support moves depending on how you're sitting

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

25 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

What kind of car do you drive that makes you think these chairs look like car seats? ;)

Sure they do. They look similar to Recaro seats. Not that I'd ever drive a car with Recaro seats in them. Closest for me will be an office chair. Maybe.

SPD.00.000.AA11a1.jpg