AM i stupid

so were i live theres a place that is like a pawn shop that is also a lone company i went in there the other day and thay had dell mt optiplexs 6 of theme 30$ each there the i3 model. now  should i have bought them and try to resell at like 50$ to 75$?

oof me daddy

2 minutes ago, aconfusedpcgamer said:

so were i live theres a place that is like a pawn shop that is also a lone company i went in there the other day and thay had dell mt optiplexs 6 of theme 30$ each there the i3 model. now  should i have bought them and try to resell at like 50$ to 75$?

no not worth it

31 minutes ago, aconfusedpcgamer said:

I mean... it depends which generation of i3s we are talking about. There are 8 generations at this point.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

37 minutes ago, aconfusedpcgamer said:

I wouldn't try. 

9 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I wouldn't try. 

without having some sort of idea who you could sell them to for a higher price, theres not really any reason to risk trying. Im guessing if they are 30$ they are probably older i3's with little amounts of RAM and storage, so there would be a limited type of person who would be looking for something like that. I mean maybe like some older people who just need something to check emails and things online, but assuming your not wanting to take advantage of some poor old grandmother for a 20$ gain for something that may or may not work very well, i dont think trying to flip low end products like this is worth the effort/time/money lol

those pawn places generally know to the cent what their merchandise is worth. I bet they are even overpriced

3 hours ago, aconfusedpcgamer said:

You should have asked for their specifications. Nevertheless, they will most certainly have very outdated hardware inside.

6 hours ago, Sithon1 said:

those pawn places generally know to the cent what their merchandise is worth. I bet they are even overpriced

there actually new to the whole pawn game there good about having reasonable pricing  

oof me daddy

If it's anything newer than 2nd gen I'd go for it, but if it's 1st gen and has, say, a good ATX or mATX motherboard, I'd go for that, too.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 hours ago, aconfusedpcgamer said:

there actually new to the whole pawn game

pawn is all about internet search and internet search aint that hard.

Cash Converters for example, hires pimply faced teenagers to work the intake section, so all they do is get on the computer, look at their inventory that they sold and when, the Google.

4 hours ago, aconfusedpcgamer said:

there actually new to the whole pawn game there good about having reasonable pricing  

They are looking to make profit of everything they sell. If they are priced at $30 it means that they are expected to sell at that price point and not anything higher. If they would expect higher payment, they would most certainly do it. Now, if they are just looking to get rid of stuff that has been sitting on warehouse for months, then price is just tad under what one would normally look for. To make it more interesting pick.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, Sithon1 said:

They know how to price things for the people who go to the store to buy things. They, however, don't likely care enough to go through the hassle of either parting it out or selling it on ebay/craigslist/hardwareswap where the buying demographic would be much larger and likely willing to pay more. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

These are office PCs, the kind an office gets rid of after upgrading to newer hardware. 

They aren't worth more than $50 and even that is being generous.

If they are selling them cheap, there's a possibility they haven't tested them or installed an OS on them (they usually get formatted/HDD trashed before being donated/sold in auction.)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro