Lubuntu doesn't recognize the Displayport

Hi,

I installed Lubuntu 18.04 on a HP Thinclient T5740. Lubuntu is installed on an USB stick.
I tested it by using a VGA monitor plugged in and it worked fine. But when I plugged in the second monitor with DisplayPort, Lubuntu didn’t recognize the monitor. When I reboot the Thinclient the boot menu shows on the monitor with the DisplayPort. But when Lubuntu starts the monitor turns off and Lubuntu only uses the monitor with VGA.

I have tried to install Xorg and manual enable the DisplayPort but that didn’t work.  

Do anyone know how I can enable the DisplayPort in Lubuntu?

Does it show video with just the DP connected and not the VGA?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

When VGA is disconnected and the Displayport is connected it shows the boot menu and then the monitor turns off.

The 5740 is rather old, so I'm assuming it's falling back to a basic graphics mode when it boots. Have you tried an older version of Lubuntu?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I"ve tried it with Ubuntu 12.04 and it didn't recognize the DP.

well linux in general has a problem with displays (mine is lubuntu too and i cant dim) so if you cant fix it try buying an vga to dp adaptor(?)

*Intel atom n455

*1 gb ram

*480 gb storage                           

*intel learning but its not teaching