E-ATX Dual socket car PC idea.

was just looking for some help.
I wanted to put a 1600 watt system, with a dual socket server motherboard, in my car.
Nevermind you why, or what I'm doing with it, you nosy.
But perhaps you can help me find a case such as this? If its not like that, just one that has a simple mounting solution, say, flat metal plates for feet, or a tubular frame, would be a very good option.

desired design for reference: http://www.mini-box.com/CarPC-PCI-Card-enclosure

possible boards: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16, ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS.
If anyone has any input or thoughts on where the best location to mount a PC radiator on the outside of my car is then please by all means, shoot it.

what loactions do you have the ability to mount the radiator?

will the radiator be having airflow by fans or by speed?

a loaction you can mount it is at the rear of the car near the top to utilize the airflow coming from the backdraft created by the car moving. this will also alow you to avoid some of the dirt buildup that will occur. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

what loactions do you have the ability to mount the radiator?

will the radiator be having airflow by fans or by speed?

a loaction you can mount it is at the rear of the car near the top to utilize the airflow coming from the backdraft created by the car moving. this will also alow you to avoid some of the dirt buildup that will occur. 

thank you but that part was mostly a joke, I really need help with finding a case for it, and I would like to stray away from server rack solutions as I want to be able to show it off, and I want to save all my discreet rack space in my vehicle for, other purposes.

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

I don't know how long you expect that system to be running until the battery goes flat when it's at peak usage, though :P 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, Peskanova said:

I'm completely open to any aesthetics I'm just unsure of mounting solutions, which is why I mention flat plates for feet or tubular chassis, it would be very easy for me to safely mount those.
Are you proposing bolting the case directly to the floor?
I'm not against this.

maybe he has 2 batteries maybe he has a op tuned hello kitty car :D  

maxresdefault.jpg

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

you want to show your pc and quick remove parts for what i understand , so i would try a case like the cougar with 1 acrilyc panel

there was 1 build on the forum about 1 case like that i'm going to look for that 

w8 w8 w8 im reading well now ? dual socket server mobo? XDDD well that is going to use some space bruh

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

I don't know how long you expect that system to be running until the battery goes flat when it's at peak usage, though :P 

I'm doing a hybrid conversion to my 1999 Dodge ram 1500, I'm not expecting to get amazing mileage but I'm expecting it to be "OK".
The bonus to this is a large generator, a salvage tesla battery, and I was thinking about tracking down and old RV generator as well. Locally everyone is running around with welders three times the size of that in the back of theirs, so I wouldn't look too out of place.
The plan is to make the car liveable, and I want to take my workstation with me.

1999 Dodge ram 1500

so this car? 

you want to show your pc and quick remove parts for what i understand , so i would try a case like the cougar with 1 acrilyc panel

there was 1 build on the forum about 1 case like that i'm going to look for that 

I love the design of the cougar and its feet make it easy to mount. 
#1 concern is that the right side panel is 100% glass and has 0 steel support, with me driving eventually (probably not long) the glass would shatter, and when it does, so will my motherboard.

Just now, Peskanova said:

so this car? 

yes sir

IMG_1429_640x427.jpg

Is this the interior  where are you going to put it?

IMG_1429_640x427.jpg

Is this the interior  where are you going to put it?

Yes, would be completely open to completely removing the back seat as well.
was thinking about a wall mounted solution in place of where the back seat is maybe?
That would also allow me to mount some pretty big subwoofers
and as for living in it, I'm looking at camper shells as we speak.

well i was thinking on this project and the worst part is the movement isolation , you will have a "fragile" machine moving with your car that can be fatal to your pc , first of all damping the movement and making some airflow then aesthetics i think (sorry for my bad english)

And if you make a fitted mobo box on the back of your pickup? its possible? outside look like a toolbox or something , you could build the case from scratch (picking some server panel mount for mobo) damping movement  and make some ventilation solution.

something like this 
can be smaller
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfULeYVyQkS7255b9E_cz
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSl9KB-iSnraGnfvc9lRn3

well i was thinking on this project and the worst part is the movement isolation , you will have a "fragile" machine moving with your car that can be fatal to your pc , first of all damping the movement and making some airflow then aesthetics i think (sorry for my bad english)

Yes I was thinking that was well, part of what I was going to do was use rubber grommets around the standoffs for the motherboard, and remote mount all pcie cards in order to avoid destroying my hardware.
Airflow wouldn't be much of an issue if I had a wall mounted solution in place of the back seat, and if I really want I can still fit a whole bed back there even with the PC

3 minutes ago, Peskanova said:

And if you make a fitted mobo box on the back of your pickup? its possible? outside look like a toolbox or something , you could build the case from scratch (picking some server panel mount for mobo) damping movement  and make some ventilation solution.

Just now, Peskanova said:

something like this 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfULeYVyQkS7255b9E_cz
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSl9KB-iSnraGnfvc9lRn3

This is a good idea but is more concealed and I wanted to save this for my rack mount audio solutions, since those aren't exactly flashy.

Mmmm another idea is to mount on a empty speaker ?  as a camouflaged pc on the audio setup :D 

53 minutes ago, Peskanova said:

Mmmm another idea is to mount on a empty speaker ?  as a camouflaged pc on the audio setup :D 

I think I'm just gonna look for a wall mounted solution and replace the back seat

Thermaltake Core P3. You can pretty much do what ever you want with it. 

current.jpg

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+

4 minutes ago, Santo22 said:

Thermaltake Core P3. You can pretty much do what ever you want with it. 

current.jpg

absolutely love this line from thermaltake, I've seen some mods where people take two p7's and mash them together, I'm thinking about doing that or a custom casemod to achieve a p790 (a p90 with p7's as the hinged panels)
not sure how far I want to go exactly.