Budget PC Suggestions

16 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

so you're saying 1300x is better than 2600k in games, just not good enough to be practical?

I think it depends a little on the game. having only 4c/4t is really bad for newer titles nowdays. But ive been playing World of Warcraft on both because the wife of a good friend needed something to play WoW and we bought one :D It felt better on the R3 than on my old Sandybridge though. But i could imagine if you want to play something more demanding like PUBG where you probably can live with worse frametimes but more frames per second the 2600k is better. WoW literally only uses 1 or 2 threads though. Paying a little more and getting an R5 solves the issue. 

Its always about, what types of games you are playing most though. The wife of my friend literally only plays World of Warcraft and is browsing a little on the web. If you really wanna do everything a r5/i5 or i7 8700k is the answer, but with how low prices are for the first gen Ryzen its a nobrainer, i mean locally a r5 1600 is about 140€ for me and the R3 1300x is 110€. And its worth it the extra 30bucks in my opinion to grab the r5. The 8700k is more than twice the price...

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |