Anyway to know if I bent my motherboard pins, with a software ?

I heard even if there is a bent pin on the socket of a motherboard the CPU still posts with some bugs. Is it true? If yes, then is there any software to diagnose about it without physically removing the CPU (LGA 1151)

CPU: i5 6500
MOBO: Asus Prime B250m-k

20 minutes ago, sonic99 said:

is there any software to diagnose about it without physically removing the CPU (LGA 1151)

no

20 minutes ago, sonic99 said:

I heard even if there is a bent pin on the socket of a motherboard the CPU still posts with some bugs. Is it true?

possible, yes.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

13 hours ago, DarkSmith2 said:

no

what about intel processor diagnostic tool ?

1 minute ago, sonic99 said:

what about intel processor diagnostic tool ?

can diagnose the processor, errors doesnt have to be related to bent pins. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

13 hours ago, DarkSmith2 said:

can diagnose the processor, errors doesnt have to be related to bent pins. 

Even if there is a bent pin I should notice right away when running the PC right ?

2 minutes ago, sonic99 said:

Even if there is a bent pin I should notice right away when running the PC right ?

No, bent pins can cause a whole lot of different symptoms including none at all. Common symptomes are related to RAM, not able to run it in dual channel mode and stuff, having some slots not working or not being able to get it stable at higher than default "2133 clock". There are also pins on the socket that literally do nothing. So if you dont encounter any weird problems with your PC why would you think that your pins are bent?

No.

The sockets have many contacts that may not be connected to anything, or may only be used if you have a specific processor for that socket.

For example, some contacts are used by each pci-e lane coming from the cpu. The socket may accept a cpu with 24 pci-e lanes and it may also accept a cpu that only has 16 pci-e lanes - if you install the cpu with 16 pci-e lanes and the contacts for the 18th pci-e lane are bad, then the cpu would still work because those contacts in the socket are not connected to anything inside the cpu.

There's also a lot of contacts that do the same job. for example the contacts for power going into the processor - the processor uses way too much power than what's possible to transfer through a single pair of contacts, so there's tens of pairs of contacts spread all over the area of the processor bottom which are there to transfer power to the cpu.

Then a big part of the contacts are for memory - if you're lucky one contact may be part of the second memory channel, so you may get memory errors only if you install memory sticks in the memory slots belonging to the second memory channel.

Here's an example of a processor - see all those black and red squares ? Those are ground (black, like the negative on your battery) and voltage (the positive on your battery) - if one or two of those contacts are damaged, chances are the others will pick up the slack and your cpu will be still working fine.

And the magenta and blue teal bits (top left and top right) are the memory controller contacts , two memory channels, one channel on each side of the cpu socket... if you damage one of those, chances are the cpu will still work fine if you only use memory sticks on the other channel.

cpu.jpg.7de14e82bad6781a0cba7b605f34b221.jpg