minecraaaaft

a7mddiaa

why is there no esport events for mc PVP at all when it's the most selling game and minecraft competitively is as fun as other games with big esport events

Who would be interested in sponsoring it? Is there scoring? Do adults play this competitive at the current moment? Is there an audience that is large enough the financially motivate to watch this?

maybe because there arent any esports team for minecraft. Or any good ones like in R6S or LOL.

And nobody above 14 y/o would be watch that

And because there wouldnt be a big audience, nobody would be interested in sponsoring it

idk if alot of adults play it atm but alot did but quitted most of them because its not a good game for competitiveness 

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Who would be interested in sponsoring it? Is there scoring? Do adults play this competitive at the current moment? Is there an audience that is large enough the financially motivate to watch this?

The problem is Minecraft is too general by itself to actually do any kind of competitive event.

If it was specifically for a Battle Royale type thing in Minecraft then sure. Not sure how successful that would be (probably not very) :D.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

The problem is Minecraft is too general by itself to actually do any kind of competitive event.

If it was specifically for a Battle Royale type thing in Minecraft then sure. Not sure how successful that would be (probably not very) :D.

I could imagine like Minecraft Hunger Games competitive players, but I wouldn't imagine them to make it off Twitch or YouTube, especially now that most of the PvP servers are dying.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I could imagine like Minecraft Hunger Games competitive players, but I wouldn't imagine them to make it off Twitch or YouTube, especially now that most of the PvP servers are dying.

Wait wat?

Minecraft Hunger Games has been on YouTube for quite a while but it's definitely not eSports worthy and not that serious.

Most PvP servers are dying? That's definitely interesting but that's possibly due to MC Realms (private MC servers hosted by Mojang and rented to players for relatively cheap) and just a general decrease in PC player count and an increase in mobile player count.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Wait wat?

Minecraft Hunger Games has been on YouTube for quite a while but it's definitely not eSports worthy and not that serious.

Most PvP servers are dying? That's definitely interesting but that's possibly due to MC Realms (private MC servers hosted by Mojang and rented to players for relatively cheap) and just a general decrease in PC player count and an increase in mobile player count.

Minecraft in general has been dying, not that many people play it anymore to my knowledge.

I mean, I could imagine people who take MC Hunger Games seriously, but probably not to the extent of creating an Esports team or something for it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Minecraft in general has been dying, not that many people play it anymore to my knowledge.

I mean, I could imagine people who take MC Hunger Games seriously, but probably not to the extent of creating an Esports team or something for it.

Minecraft is a game that has it rises and falls, it becomes big for a while then dies off then rises again, it's like skyrim it will never die

As for why there is no esports of it, simple becuase it would be shit, as pvp in it is not high paced, it's not as tactical and in general to watch it's not as good. it's not like overwatch, PUBG or fortnite where something is always happening and it's quite quick and tactical. And what esports things you going to do? Who can make the best house, or who can complete it faster, as esports doesn't like mod packs etc. you use the base game. Same reason why skyrim can't be one dispite multiplayer sorta being a thing through a mod, becuase pvp in skyrim would be shit and you'd need mods to make it good and mods are more likely to be buggy and incomplete than the game is an they don't wanna risk that in an esports stream as it makes both the game, the competetors and the compitition look bad

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Minecraft PC sales are definitely falling a lot but lots of people on their phones seem to buy it and play it for some reason :D.

I will confess I did buy it for my phone somewhat recently :P.

To give you an idea, Minecraft on Mobile Devices has outsold PC version multiple times over by now.

This infographic is a year old but it should still prove my point.

Minecraft user data

Also, Mojang aren't stupid. They've probably anticipated this for a long time and have developed monetization strategies to make more money off of existing players such as with MC Realms ( cloud hosted Minecraft servers where you can invite friends to join) and also their micro-transactions for paying for community merch (some people sell different skins and stuff) in the Bedrock Edition games (Win10, Win10Mobile, IOS, Android, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, HoloLens)

3 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I think you're right. Although it used to be much better, servers are getting empty and less and less people are playing the game, which - in my opinion anyways - is a shame, as you used to be garanteed to have a good time playing some games of Minecraft PVP with your friends, at least some time ago. :/

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

13 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

there is no esport teams cause there is no events xD

Correction. There's no esports because there aren't enough interest among player to create competitions. Game doesn't get big without players wanting to compete. And if players want to compete, they can fairly easily do it. To grow as major title in esports? That needs more people wanting to compete and even more wanting to watch others compete. Or developers strong support.

Considering how easy it its to create league or tournament, stream it and even take it to LAN event (most LAN organizers are willing to add tournaments if someone else handles hard parts). Why not you start yourself? Gather few teams/players, create tournament with Chalonge or Binary Beast, maybe stream few matches. Prices would be bragging rights, like they have been for majority of eSports history. From there it will grow if there really is interest among community.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, grimreeper132 said:

Minecraft is a game that has it rises and falls, it becomes big for a while then dies off then rises again, it's like skyrim it will never die

As for why there is no esports of it, simple becuase it would be shit, as pvp in it is not high paced, it's not as tactical and in general to watch it's not as good. it's not like overwatch, PUBG or fortnite where something is always happening and it's quite quick and tactical. And what esports things you going to do? Who can make the best house, or who can complete it faster, as esports doesn't like mod packs etc. you use the base game. Same reason why skyrim can't be one dispite multiplayer sorta being a thing through a mod, becuase pvp in skyrim would be shit and you'd need mods to make it good and mods are more likely to be buggy and incomplete than the game is an they don't wanna risk that in an esports stream as it makes both the game, the competetors and the compitition look bad

There are 1v1 gamemodes where you fight and use splash health potions or golden apples with a bunch of different items to fight. There was certainly the potential at one point to have an eSport in that area, but Mojang took the game in a completely different direction and that has been killing the pvp scene (which used to be huge) in the game. I'll link a video I guess. 

EDIT: After reading the rules I think I might not be allowed to have this video here, but I'm going to leave it here because it is not mine and because it is an example directly relevant to the discussion for those who are unfamiliar with what Minecraft as an esport would probably look like.

my opinion is worthless but i'm going to give it anyway because this is the internet

1 minute ago, Azerafel said:

There are 1v1 gamemodes where you fight and use splash health potions or golden apples with a bunch of different items to fight. There was certainly the potential at one point to have an eSport in that area, but Mojang took the game in a completely different direction and that has been killing the pvp scene (which used to be huge) in the game. I'll link a video I guess. 

And they require mods, which I stated previously is not a good thing. And minecraft is a childs game and for esports that wouldn't work. Also 1v1 is not an esports thing really as most esports (not all but most) are team games. 

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

Just now, grimreeper132 said:

And they require mods, which I stated previously is not a good thing. And minecraft is a childs game and for esports that wouldn't work. Also 1v1 is not an esports thing really as most esports (not all but most) are team games. 

They don't require mods for the player. It helps to have certain mods, but there is zero requirement for that on the player's end. The server does have a bunch of things modified. And while Minecraft is certainly geared toward a younger audience, there are a lot of people over the age of 14 playing it, contrary to popular belief. And 1v1s are certainly a possibility for eSports, we already have tentative Fifa and smash and numerous other games that are 1v1s. It certainly is not a game made to be an esport (poorly optimized, glitchy, etc), but it certainly had the potential at one point had Mojang done things differently.

my opinion is worthless but i'm going to give it anyway because this is the internet

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 2:35 PM, a7mddiaa said:

there is no esport teams cause there is no events xD

No 10 year olds are going to go "pro" and there is no audience for the game anymore... it is also not amazingly optimized with micro stutters,

• 1 month later...

beacuase its a mainly non pvp game that dosent want commbat as its main content to retain its younger audiance