Push + Pull with different fan specs question

Hello all - this may be a nitpicky question, but I have time to kill until my new parts arrive.  Through much trial and error, I recently realized that my Corsair h100v2 AIO is dying off after 14 months.  I thought my sudden heat issue was due to needing to replace the liquid metal in my delidded i7-7700k.  I even bought a new all copper IHS from Rockitcool that is 15% larger.  I also used high pressure compressed air and cleaned out the radiator fins.  Unfortunately after all the time, effort and expense, it didn't fix my sudden heat issues.  I used to be fully stable at 5.0 GHz and under 70c while gaming... all of a sudden im about 15 to 20c higher.  Also the time it takes to cool the liquid after stopping a Prime95 test has also gone up significantly.  Rapping my knuckles against the pump once seemed to drop my idle temps as well.  After doing the whole relidding process again I ended up leaving the clock speed set to standard, avx at -2, turbo boost off and C1E enabled to keep temps very low until I get the AIO replaced.

Luckily Corsair will do Advanced RMA so I can get a new cooler first and then send mine back.

Now on to the main question:  

The h100v2 comes with two now discontinued SPL 120mm PWM Fans

Specs:  

• Max RPM: 2700 RPM
  • CFM: 74.42
  • Dimensions: 120mm X 120MM X 25MM
  • Connection: 4-PIN PWM
  • Fan Noise: 37.68 Dba
  • 4.65 mm-H20

I want to do a push + pull 4 fan setup.  One of the two fans I originally added is starting to die out and were not high static pressure fans anyway, so I decided to buy 2 new fans.  I wanted high static pressure without sounding like a jet engine, though performance is more important than sound.  After checking out the specs on a bunch of different fans, I ended up choosing the Corsair ML120 120mm Mag Lev fans, as they were the closest mm-H20 to the discontinued SPL 120mm fans, but slightly less static pressure:

• Max RPM: 2400 RPM
  • CFM: 75
  • Dimensions: 120mm X 120MM X 25MM
  • Connection: 4-PIN PWM
  • Fan Noise: 37 Dba
  • 4.2 mm-H20

Not a huge difference at all, but I was trying to figure out the best push/pull setup with these.

I do push/pull sucking air from outside the case into the inside.  I am guessing my best bet is to use the higher static pressure SPL fans to push and the slightly lower static pressure ML fans to pull.  As I said I realize this is nitpicky, but figured I would ask for thoughts on this setup - or any other ideas as to why I am having sudden heat problems. 

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Rygar1976 said:

Hello all - this may be a nitpicky question, but I have time to kill until my new parts arrive. 

-snip-

Honestly, regardless of which side you put the fans on, you'll most likely see no difference in temps. .5Cfm is so little of a different the fans will barely be fighting each other. IT's like a cop pulling over someone going 75mph but not pulling over the guy doing 74.5mph because he was going "too fast" and suggesting there's a noticable difference between the two.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

It is definitely better to use the same fans for push/pull. Push/pull itself has a very low impact, but you should see 3-4°C lower temperatures with a propper setup. Fresh air (intake gets air from outside of the case) will work best, since preheated air from inside the case will lower the efficiency.

Your guess seems right. Linus comes across similar results with AF120 / SP120's here: 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.