S9+ vs iPh X vs OP6 vs P20 Plus

I'm in a market for a new phone. Which should I choose? Thoughts? The ones in the title are Samsung S9+, iPhone X, OnePlus 6 and Huawei P20 Plus.

In some ways the P20 Pro and the Samsung S9+ are the top dogs on the android side. Meanwhile the X is the only iphone that compete with them. 

Oneplus 6 is the most bang for buck, but you miss out on some bells and wizzles.

Do you need a a headphone jack?

The P20 has the nicest color though

huawei-p20-pro-128gb-dual-sim-twilight.jpg

17 hours ago, DeLorian said:

Samsung S9+, iPhone X, OnePlus 6 and Huawei P20 Plus.

To put it simply,

• S9 is generally good (however I don't like the look and feel of them)
  • p20 pro is all about photography (great look and feel, too)
  • iphone x is the best apple can offer (still lacking imo)
  • op 6 is similar performance for less cash (as far as I know)
  • (lg g7 is all about music, with or without headphones)

Further than that, it's about the OS, special features, things you can't live without (3.5 jack, long battery life, flawless camera, stereo speakers).
Personally, I like Samsung's OS, though I don't quite like the fingerprint sensor on the S9. It's too low, and blends in too much with the back. The edge can also be seen as a problem, it's bound to break more easily. It might be harder to find a decent screen protector, too.
If the P20 pro had a 3.5 jack, and had better support in my area, I'd take it. I can't find a repair shop where they would replace the screen. Great quality, great screen, and that rainbow back is amazing. The fingerprint reader is not a real button, it's kinda like the later iphones' home button. You can't press it, it just vibrates. The UI could take some getting used to, though I don't think it would be an issue.

I have no experience with the other phones, I hope this is somewhat helpful.

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II

I'm in a market for a phone myself, and I'll be going the OnePlus 6 route. 

For once, there's the money. It's the cheapest of them all at practically same performance. It has a great OS with a few tricks up its sleeve. And it has a good screen-to-body ration. I would also consider a Pixel 2 XL, but the price is quite different.

Im asking myself pretty much the same thing with the thing being I can get the S9+(64GB) with a UE Megaboom and a 2 year contract with 2GB of LTE for 710€ while the OP6 would set me back 550€ for the 128GB Model(have to go with more here since theres no SD Slot) alone now I'm pretty much on the edge on what to buy since the Samsung has better stats and specs but I am a OP3 user and I know the good software support from OnePlus while Samsung seems to be lacking especially once the phone has fallen out of favor so would you recommend switching over still since the S9+ has such a cheap offer or just stick to OnePlus?

Edit: BTW I'd also be willing to Root the phone or other things for maybe a cleaner experience than Samsung OS if there are good available options.

Gah, so many choices. I still can't choose. Re: OS, I don't really care. I have iPad, Mac, Win10, Android devices, they all have their pros and cons. I read at GSMArena comparison between the cameras of S9+ and P20 Plus and I like S9+ more. However, I like iPh X camera even more and OP6 lacks in that regard. About all other things, I don't really know. Size isn't an issue too though I like that 6.3". Even though 5.8" isn't too bad either. Battery life? Blargh, again. I'm lost. You know I'm leaning towards iPh X cuz I didn't have an iPhone before and it would be an interesting experience because I like my Mac and iPad. Buuuut I like the customizability of Android. Damn it again...

Got a S9+, I'm more than happy TBH. Would recommend. Only downside is somewhat limiting battery, but I was used to 5100mAh so yeah.