Are there any 5k Ultrawide G-Sync Monitors?

gv4suns

Just wondering if there are any monitors on the market or expected to release with these specs.

No.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, gv4suns said:

Just wondering if there are any monitors on the market or expected to release with these specs.

LG is releasing a 5k ultrawide but not with G Sync. Which makes sense since 5k IMO is too extreme for gaming there would be no point in making it G Sync since 5k is designed more towards productivity.  

Just now, coyotetracker said:

LG is releasing a 5k ultrawide but not with G Sync. Which makes sense since 5k IMO is too extreme for gaming there would be no point in making it G Sync since 5k is designed more towards productivity.  

5k isnt that unrealistic 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Stick with 3440x1440 or just 4k for gaming. 

2 minutes ago, Vernw3.com said:

5k isnt that unrealistic 

Sure, but he would need a very capable system in order to push decent graphical settings and at least 60fps. 

If you want huge ultrawide, you might want to take a look at the 38 inch 3840x1600 monitors. They're based on LG panels and should offer an immersive experience. However, they support Freesync, so you're going to want a Vega 64 with them.

14 minutes ago, Vernw3.com said:

5k isnt that unrealistic 

There aren't even any 4k ultrawide monitors, the most is 3440x1440.

The only 4k ultrawide displays are 105" tvs that cost $120 000.

https://www.engadget.com/2014/07/28/lg-105-inch-4k/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The only 4k ultrawide displays are 105" tvs that cost $120 000.

https://www.engadget.com/2014/07/28/lg-105-inch-4k/

What is the point of an ultra wide tv its not like tv standards support ultra wide or normal movies right

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

17 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I haven't actually seen 5K displays outside of iMacs.

These however existed for some time now. HP and Dell made 27 inch ones.

17 minutes ago, Vernw3.com said:

What is the point of an ultra wide tv its not like tv standards support ultra wide or normal movies right

Movies are often recorded in ultrawide formats.

Spoiler

37 minutes ago, coyotetracker said:

Sure, but he would need a very capable system in order to push decent graphical settings and at least 60fps. 

I have a gtx 1080 ti 11gb with 16 gb of ram and an intel i7 8700 processor

3 minutes ago, gv4suns said:

I have a gtx 1080 ti 11gb with 16 gb of ram and an intel i7 8700 processor

:)

Just now, coyotetracker said:

:)

Haha I've been able to run games at 4k 60 fps fine, just interested in getting an ultrawide monitor and the highest I've seen on the market is like 3440 x 1440. I'm really new to the PC community so not too familiar everything. Basically what I'm looking for is an ultrawide montior that would have the same display or pixel density as a 4k monitor except with a 21:9 aspect ratio

1 minute ago, gv4suns said:

Haha I've been able to run games at 4k 60 fps fine, just interested in getting an ultrawide monitor and the highest I've seen on the market is like 3440 x 1440. I'm really new to the PC community so not too familiar everything. Basically what I'm looking for is an ultrawide montior that would have the same display or pixel density as a 4k monitor except with a 21:9 aspect ratio

I see, yeah you're going to have to wait for LG. LG is making a 5k 21:9 display so we're going to have to wait a little while longer.

1 minute ago, coyotetracker said:

I see, yeah you're going to have to wait for LG. LG is making a 5k 21:9 display so we're going to have to wait a little while longer.

Dang, so I'm guessing even longer for one that supports g-sync

I'd just get an XB321HK and make use of G-Sync. Besides, it's a great looking panel. Only downside is the silly 8-bit limitation. I have a monitor that features the same panel in it, but can boast 10-bit.

Just now, Motifator said:

I'd just get an XB321HK and make use of G-Sync. Besides, it's a great looking panel. Only downside is the silly 8-bit limitation. I have a monitor that features the same panel in it, but can boast 10-bit.

That was actually what I was gonna get but decided to see if there were any plans for an ultrawide version of it! Would you recommend spending the extra money for the IPS display?

Yeah, IPS is totally worth it. Personally, I don't consider TN at all. There are also some really good VA 4k options out there, but you need AMD GPUs for Freesync.

1 minute ago, Motifator said:

Yeah, IPS is totally worth it. Personally, I don't consider TN at all. There are also some really good VA 4k options out there, but you need AMD GPUs for Freesync.

That's what I've been hearing, my only concern is that a lot of people have been talking about screen bleeding? Not sure what that is but should I be concerned?

There is a bit of backlight bleeding on the bottom corner of mine, but it's nothing really to be bothered about unless you have an OCD about it. :)

13 minutes ago, Motifator said:

There is a bit of backlight bleeding on the bottom corner of mine, but it's nothing really to be bothered about unless you have an OCD about it. :)

Do you notice it when you are using it?

If you can wait till late 2019/20 then you might start seeing not only 5120x2160, but also OLED monitors, as that is when LG 'plans' on pumping out sub 50" OLED displays.

So you'll get that brilliant resolution without having to suffer LCD crap.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

8 hours ago, Enderman said:

The problem is that "4K" and ultrawide don't really mix well. It's like asking to take 3840x2160 and to extend it - so it will not really be a 4k anymore, right?

Or if we accept that "K" means approximate width in pixels then we have to assume that 3840x1600 is already a 4k monitor that just happens to be ultrawide. The issue here is that it does not have any advantage over standard 4k because it's the same width, it's just not as tall. Taking a 4k monitor and shrinking it to call it 4k ultrawide doesn't sit well with me.

In the end, I agree with @Glenwing on the matter:

On 16.11.2016 at 12:18 AM, Glenwing said:

A third option (and probably the best option for most people) would be to not mix "K" and "ultrawide" together at all. Just use the old "vertical pixel count" convention and call it "2160p ultrawide".

So we have 1080p ultrawide (understood as 1080x2560), 1440p ultrawide (3440x1440) and 1600p ultrawide (3840x1600). 2160p ultrawide would be 5120x2160.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones