What is the hdr10 like on the lg 27uk850

tuunade98

I'm most likely gonna be buying this monitor real soon, the only thing holding me back right now is hdr10 on this monitor. Does anyone know if it's good on this monitor, worth the price over non HDR 4k monitors?

Edit: I'll be watching 4k Blu Ray content some with HDR support, ps4 pro gaming and very light PC gaming with this monitor.

Along with 4K comes HDR (High Dynamic Range) and the ability to accept a HDR10 signal. HDR is automatically turned on when it detects an HDR signal. But at a light output around 350 cd/m2 it can’t properly display HDR (you really want a light output closer to 1,000 cd/m2 or higher). There is also an HDR Effect mode that can be selected for SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) signals that tries to emulate a HDR image. Monitors still can’t match the HDR performance of a television and I really wouldn’t base the purchase of your next monitor on its HDR ability.

33 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

Along with 4K comes HDR (High Dynamic Range) and the ability to accept a HDR10 signal. HDR is automatically turned on when it detects an HDR signal. But at a light output around 350 cd/m2 it can’t properly display HDR (you really want a light output closer to 1,000 cd/m2 or higher). There is also an HDR Effect mode that can be selected for SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) signals that tries to emulate a HDR image. Monitors still can’t match the HDR performance of a television and I really wouldn’t base the purchase of your next monitor on its HDR ability.

I just want something with very good graphics for 4k HDR Blu Ray and ps4 pro gaming. A tv is too expensive and my room is too small. Can you think of any other monitors you would recommend? That is under 1000aud

32 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

Samsung U28H750 looks good :)

Was actually just looking at that ROFL. It's quantom dot too... Starting to think HDR just not worth it. Is quantom dot va panel as good as ips?

Edit: apparently it has very bad viewing angles, so that's a no go considering I'm gonna be watching a lot of movies on it.