What Voltage Power Supply should I use?

I'm planning to build a gaming pc and came across a bump in the road, I made a pc build on pcpartpicker.com and it said the estimated number of voltage usage is 270 watts. Should I go for a 300 watt power supply, a 400 watt power supply or a 500 watt power supply? To be honest, I'm just getting into pc gaming and don't understand how picking the right parts and components to put together to optimize the best performance my pc build is capable of. I also chose the parts based on gaming pc build videos I watched on Youtube. I don't want to spend more money than I need to on a power supply and also don't want to the run the risk of burning my house down because my power supply catches on fire from outputting too much voltage. Some tips from a pro would really be appreciated, my pc build would benefit a ton as well, and thanks to anyone to sends me an answer, It helps out alot.5b06554755ea9_PCPartsList(827.42asMay2018).thumb.png.571829332059af9d211ac589d88ca9a6.png

2018-05-23 (9).png

You mean wattage not voltage.

Just go with 500W PSU that is 80 plus gold certified.

Thanks for the reply, can you explain why I should use the 500W power supply though, please?. It helps me learn so I don't run into problems like this in the future.

The cheapest PSU that isn't crap is the CX450 for $45. But get the Focus Gold for $54 or the Whisper M 450W for $60. Those are better PSUs and don't cost much more. You can reuse a good PSU for several builds. The Whisper M is quieter of the latter 2. 

The actual power use of the PC should be closer to 180-200W. 

:)

seon123, which of the three power supplies do you recommend?

11 minutes ago, Chill_PC said:

seon123, which of the three power supplies do you recommend?

He'd probably recommend the Whisper M since it's the best of those three, but honestly a CX450 is fine for your system if you don't plan on upgrading the GPU down the line and demand more PCIe cables. The Seasonic is a nice choice of those three and at those prices I'd buy it in your situation.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||