TV OR MONITOR

H-bear-141

So i was told to get a TV for my setup now the question is should i get a TV or a monitors and get speakers.

3 minutes ago, H-bear-141 said:

So i was told to get a TV for my setup now the question is should i get a TV or a monitors and get speakers.

Are you trying to do couch gaming or normal PC gaming?

2 minutes ago, Mio85 said:

Are you trying to do couch gaming or normal PC gaming?

Normal pc gaming like at a desk i heard there a little TV's too..

1 minute ago, H-bear-141 said:

Normal pc gaming like at a desk i heard there a little TV's too..

Then get a monitor, TV's have much worse response time so the game will seem a lot less responsive.

19 minutes ago, H-bear-141 said:

Depends, what games and how serious do you plan on playing them? 

6 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Depends, what games and how serious do you plan on playing them? 

I'm not gonna do anything too intensive like battlefield more like indie games until i'm done.

Me, personally, I’d go for the monitors. But my opinion is quite biased since everywhere I go I use computers and I don’t really watch any “regular”/“normal” tv.

Nevertheless, form my knowledge, I still think that the input lag on those small tv’s is the deal breaker.

if youre not chasing that 1ms responsetime id go with tv given you buy a decent one. if youre going cheapo then id rather get a cheapo monitor than tv. question is size. if you get a bigger tv then you need to arrange your setup in a way that will always give you some distance wether you sit on your couch/bed/whatever or right in front of it.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

26 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Me, personally, I’d go for the monitors. But my opinion is quite biased since everywhere I go I use computers and I don’t really watch any “regular”/“normal” tv.

Nevertheless, form my knowledge, I still think that the input lag on those small tv’s is the deal breaker.

Yea I don't care for the input lag.... yet.. but I think I would eventually and be a little annoyed..

17 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

if youre not chasing that 1ms responsetime id go with tv given you buy a decent one. if youre going cheapo then id rather get a cheapo monitor than tv. question is size. if you get a bigger tv then you need to arrange your setup in a way that will always give you some distance wether you sit on your couch/bed/whatever or right in front of it.

As for this and thinking about it i think im going to go with a monitor THANKS TO YOU ALL!