Issue with ftp speeds on windows server 2016

I have a server I’m working on with built in gigabit Ethernet , works like normal for regular web stuff, however when ever I try to have someone externally download or upload to the server windows will only permit 10mb/s I have been hopping forum to forum tutorial to tutorial to find a solution and none have worked any suggestions would be great(note: transferring from my main pc allows full network utilization and near instantaneous transfer of even large files to several directories of smaller files)

Parts list

i5 2500k

12gb 1333 ddr3

asrock pro3 z75

gt710 (had it lying around so I threw it in)

several ssds that I’ve tried switching to for the file transfer

External speed is determined by internet connection speeds, not the speed of your local network. 10MB/s would indicate around a 100Mbps internet connection from either the sending or the receiving party.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

What FTP software are you using?

What are the down/up speeds of your server?

What are the down/up speeds of the person trying to download externally?

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

Does your ISP cap FTP transfer rates?

Living Room: HTPC (M1 Mac Mini 8/256) HiFi (Furman Elite-15 PFi > Cambridge 851N > Emotiva A300 > Focal Chora 826) Display (65-inch LG Oled, 22-inch Dell)

Office: Workstation (AMD 3900X, RX5700XT, 32GB) Headphones (Cambridge DacMagic+ > Schiit Lyr 3 > DT 990. 2 Sonos One in Stereo) Display (32-inch Gigabyte)

My network speed is 80Mb/s however my normal download speed from other peoples ftp or even file sites is far exceeding what is occurring I.e. he is trying to transfer an 8gb file and it’s indicating it is going to take and hour plus however if I were to download the same file from a proper server it would take about 5-10 minutes for me, which is where I draw my confusion, also modifying server directories does not work, he can add a directory and rename, but if he tries to delete, his file explorer stops responding for a short while before attempting and my stats for my isp is 80 up and 80 down, his are in the realms of 120 up 120 down, though my internet behaves in a way suggesting significantly higher speeds

2 hours ago, kapanova said:

My network speed is 80Mb/s however my normal download speed from other peoples ftp or even file sites is far exceeding what is occurring I.e. he is trying to transfer an 8gb file and it’s indicating it is going to take and hour plus however if I were to download the same file from a proper server it would take about 5-10 minutes for me, which is where I draw my confusion, also modifying server directories does not work, he can add a directory and rename, but if he tries to delete, his file explorer stops responding for a short while before attempting and my stats for my isp is 80 up and 80 down, his are in the realms of 120 up 120 down, though my internet behaves in a way suggesting significantly higher speeds

your network sped meaning your internet speed? You have 2 of those or should, upload/download speeds, normally ISP advertises only the download speeds as those are much faster in most cases. @lttUser1234 has a very valid point, your ISP could be very well, in fact, caping they FTP protocol transfer rate. Some ISP have this practices to protect themselves from people buying home use services for commercial activities like file hosting or site hosting.

I have that as my internet speed, but by looking at the actual conversion cause I did it backwards it lines up, so problem solved I suppose? I’m pretty sure the 80Mb/s translates to 10MB/s but regardless I just looked and it’s an extra 45 a month to upgrade to gigabit so I’m just gonna do that, then we’ll see if the problem persists, but through looking I didn’t see anything about Verizon capping ftp and http transfers

13 minutes ago, kapanova said:

I have that as my internet speed, but by looking at the actual conversion cause I did it backwards it lines up, so problem solved I suppose? I’m pretty sure the 80Mb/s translates to 10MB/s but regardless I just looked and it’s an extra 45 a month to upgrade to gigabit so I’m just gonna do that, then we’ll see if the problem persists, but through looking I didn’t see anything about Verizon capping ftp and http transfers

So if your connection externaly is capped at 80, the max transfer speed someone can store something on your server is 80mbps. (This is if you aren't using the internet at all.) His connection is 120 so he doesen't have the problem at his side internet vise, unless his isp is up to something funny.

However his disk read/write speed can impact his preformance. Also does your connection to the internet. And the way your drives are set in Array.

3 hours ago, kapanova said:

Yup... differentiating between MBps and Mbps is very important....now if you upgrade to Gigabit! (how much I envy you) If you only have a couple of mechanical hard drives (7.2k or slower) you might start to see a couple of bottlenecks in the R/W speeds! Just be aware of that... do a benchmark of your drives for you to get the top speeds.