Help a newbie to build a gaming pc

nes_one

Hi, 

I'm building a non expensive pc for games like: Dota 2, CS GO, L4D2, batman Arkham city, RE Op. Raccoon City. (not planning to buy big games for now)

I was planning to buy :

XFX-Radeon HD 7770 1gb ultra oc ed. (i think thats good enough for those games), 

8gb 1600 mhz RAM

But IDK what motherboard / CPU /  PSU to buy so it doesn't have bottlenecks and where (in the US) I could buy it for a good price.

I would really appreciate any help you guys can provide. 

PS:english is not my main language so sorry my bad grammar

Do you have a monitor? If so what resolution?

Well if it helps. Here is what I just built. The MB and CPU are stil on sale for about 40 bucks more at Microcenter. Replace I5 with I7 and you can still get the same price.  If you don't have a Microcenter near you, you can price match the I7 (on sale for 249.99), I5 (always costs 199.99) through Staples Online live chat. Ram? Well that all went up. Add 20-30 bucks there. Most of this stuff is still the same price. Case? Switch around a fractal case or a n600 case if you hate the looks of the HAF. If on a big budget you can usually find the antec gx700 case on sale but it makes the HAF 912 look pretty. 

Microcenter 

MB CPU: 4770k and MSI Z87 board 260 something 280 with tax (pre black friday deal)

GPU: Open box Gigabyte Windforcex3 OC GTX 770 279.99 w rebate (couple days ago). 329.99 on sale atm. 339 on newegg with no tax.

Case HAF 912: 49.99

PSU CX600m: 54.99

HD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm. Open Box 50 bucks. (replace this with WD if you want, the Seagates are usually cheaper and all non SSD suck to be honest)

Online from newegg (no tax)

Cooling" Evo 212. 30

Ram: 8 gigs G skill Ares 1600 cl9. 50 (could have done better here, they had 1866 cl9 and 2133 for same price a day later)

Total cost with tax.

$ 821.07

CPU at 4.5ghz, ram at 2133 cl10. Haven't touched the card clocks yet since I am on a 1080p IPS with 60hz. Wanted a R9 280x. Gave up on them being in stock. Happy with the GTX 770 though. :)

She isn't pretty and has no frills (LED's, case window), but she gets the job done and runs cool and will kick the crap out of an origin pc costing more then double the price. Added a PWM pull fan (already had) to get render temps down to 70C on the OC and have less noise. So add 10-15 bucks to the cost to achieve the OC at good temps. No Haswell OC's the same. You might get stuck at 4.2 or get to 4.7 on air. Such is life.

Crushes everything at 1080p and I am happy.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Are you just gaming, or are you going to be doing anything intensive (Adobe apps, Blender, etc)?

Spoiler

Replace I5

me and everybody else will say this is pointless if its just a gaming machine

FX 6300

R9 270

Get pretty much whatever cheap atx am3+ motherboard.

500 watt seasonic PSU

8 GB of the cheapest RAM, speeds don't make a big enough difference to justify the costs unless you are running an APU and even then you're usually better off with a graphics card.

Whatever case you fancy.

That should be pretty much it. If you provide a budget myself and others can provide a more detailed list.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Hi, 

I'm building a non expensive pc for games like: Dota 2, CS GO, L4D2, batman Arkham city, RE Op. Raccoon City. (not planning to buy big games for now)

I was planning to buy :

XFX-Radeon HD 7770 1gb ultra oc ed. (i think thats good enough for those games), 

8gb 1600 mhz RAM

But IDK what motherboard / CPU /  PSU to buy so it doesn't have bottlenecks and where (in the US) I could buy it for a good price.

I would really appreciate any help you guys can provide. 

PS:english is not my main language so sorry my bad grammar

R9 270

Any 80+ Psu 500watts

i5 for around 200 whatever iteration

Compatible motherboard

if you're getting 8 gigs go dual channel ram.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something like this will do: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1hzAK

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.