THE BEST New video idea

Hey guys,

I would really love to see a video about dual monitor performance where you are playing on one monitor and watching a video on the other.

I've built several pcs, currently gtx1070ti & 8600 with 16g ram and still get desynced audio on the videoes, stuttering, etc.. after 20 minutes of gameplay.   Do I need a better cpu... a second graphics card... never seen a video from any utuber addressing this problem.. please help.  

I play videos and such on one of my secondary monitors all of the time and don't have these issues. GTX1070  i7 5820 16GB ram

Could be a software issue, game, drivers, browser. It may also be a heating issue some some software issue if it is happening 20 minutes after you start playing.

Monitor your system during a gaming session and see if you see anything out of the ordinary.

thats a terrible idea for a video because everyone already knows the answer.

videos on a second monitor will cause next to no gaming performance loss 

Do I need a better cpu

no. you have a 8600 that is more than enough

a second graphics card

you have a 1070ti, absolutely not

26 minutes ago, JustAnotherGamerInHis30s said:

never seen a video from any utuber addressing this problem

because it's not an issue. any lag or performance loss you might think you are getting is going to be something else. not just a video running on a second monitor.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

9 hours ago, Direwinds said:

My idea for a video would be.

Can you build a system without a monitor, is it possible to simple use a VR headset for all your needs?

It is possible certainly, it's called a server.

You still would need some device with a screen (some other PC/Laptop/phone) to interact with it remotely.

Not sure what's the OS support for VR.

10 hours ago, Direwinds said:

Can you build a system without a monitor, is it possible to simple use a VR headset for all your needs?

Yes it's called a HoloLens. As for trying this with a Rift or Vive I suspect you could but it would be...painful to use. I tried for about 2 hours to use the desktop replacement application in my Vive but the resolution just isn't there yet to actually support showing desktop windows and frankly the keyboard support was bloody awful.  So yes if you were dedicated to doing this and wanted to live with essentially 1024x768 or lower resolution displays floating in space and a clunky horrid interface running on top end hardware, sure go ahead. In the mean time I'll go ahead and use my Vive for actual VR programs and my monitors/keyboard/mouse/trackball  for my desktop.

I'd love Linus to make a 25ish minute video about AI assistance and what state where at in mid-2018. Google vs Alexa revisited, maybe the must-have essential accessories (smart plugs, nest, smart salt shaker? etc). Something in that area would be cool.

Video ideas:

• Best Home Assistant in 2018? - Google vs Alexa (Would love a video on  Mycroft AI or some talk about it)
  • Smart Home Beginners Guide 2018 - Showing the essentials and basics of a smart home setup ( Smart Plugs, IFTTT, Nest and other items)

That's all I can think of atm will edit if anything else pops into my mind.

PC Editing / Gaming Rig Specs : i7-3930k @ 4ghz w/ Hyper 212 Evo | 840 Evo 250gb and Seagate 1TB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Zotac GTX 780 | Corsair Vengeance C70 Green | OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Win10 #KilledMyWife #MakeBombs

11 hours ago, Direwinds said:

Though, that's sort of the whole concept of HoloLens. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

14 hours ago, JustAnotherGamerInHis30s said:

Hey guys,

I would really love to see a video about dual monitor performance where you are playing on one monitor and watching a video on the other.

I've built several pcs, currently gtx1070ti & 8600 with 16g ram and still get desynced audio on the videoes, stuttering, etc.. after 20 minutes of gameplay.   Do I need a better cpu... a second graphics card... never seen a video from any utuber addressing this problem.. please help.  

Unless you're running a rather outdated system like me, it's a non-issue at this point. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

How viable is raid 0 duel hdd as a budget minded ssd but with tons of space? 

12 minutes ago, Svendsen said:

This could use a video just to discuss the risk/reward, since there is a high downside of loosing all your data to offset the higher access speeds.

Maybe some different RAID configurations with identical drives benchmarked against each other along with a statistical analysis of the mean time to failure for each RAID configuration using industry standard drive failure numbers.

9 hours ago, Svendsen said:

You will get better transfer speed on a sequential read/write but the seek time and latency wouldn't be much better then a normal drive. The SSD would still kill it.

know what they should do is move this to the Troubleshooting forum cause thats what this sounds like.