My new memory stick is not showing up????

Go to solution Solved by Edwardk326,
4 hours ago, Marius Faur said:

Then why when i install only the 8gb stick is does not boot up??

so what should i do buy another stick or just exchange it for a 2x4gb and i am planing to buy a gtx970 4gb oc so what should i do??

If you tried a single stick of 8GB ram and it does not boot up then do what thegreengamers said:

1 hour ago, thegreengamers said:

It doesn't boot up because the motherboard itself doesn't support 8GB RAM sticks. Exchange it for 2 4GB sticks and it will be fine; the GTX 970 should work with it as well.

Get 2 exact same sticks of 4GB ram and it should work without any issues. If it still doesn't work then try clearing the cmos (consult motherboard manual for specific instructions) by either shorting certain on the motherboard or by pressing the clrcmos button on your motherboard.

I have bought a new ram stick and is the same spects as my other ram stick.
the ram is a 8GB DDR3 at 1600mhz (the ram is fully tested and is working).
I have updated my BIOS , reinstalled windows , link/unlink the ram , use the ram in different slots and more stuff from other forums that have claimed to fix this issue.
In CPU-Z i can see the ram is working and it is shows up that in slot 1 i have 8GB and in slot 2 i have 2GB. can some one tell me what si going on please.

By the way i don't know why in cpu-z it says why my ram is not 1333mhz

Motherboard : H61M-E23(B3)
CPU: i5-2300
RAM:4gb 2x2gb stick at 1600mhz hyperxblue DDR3 / i want to take one out and put in a 8gb so i have in total 10bg of ram.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Maybe try with only the 8 gb stick installed and see if that works.

it beeps saying that there is no ram installed

1 minute ago, Marius Faur said:

it beeps saying that there is no ram installed

in both slots?

yes and it does the same thing with other ram sticks aswell

18 minutes ago, Marius Faur said:

yes and it does the same thing with other ram sticks aswell

Then you most likely need a new motherboard 

why because i have 4gb now working and the slots are fully working.

there must be a fix to it.

I really don’t think sandy bridge chipsets support 8gb dimm’s. Or if they do only specific ones.

2 minutes ago, Marius Faur said:

why because i have 4gb now working and the slots are fully working.

I remember once seeing a video from Science Studio about troubleshooting a seemingly "faulty" ram stick. The problem at the end was discovered to be the slot itself. True, you can use other slots, but long term wise I would personally consider investing in a new motherboard.

I was right, only specific chipsets support 8gb dimms. Well every one besides h61 the one you have.

sorry. But you bought an incompatible product. CPUz is reading the info off the ID chip on the ram. That doesn’t mean the motherboard can actually address the memory on the chip.

i have tested all the ram slots with memtest86 and in there it shows up 10gb of ram and at the end all is working with no issues but when i go to the BIOS or boot windos there is only 2gb as you can see in the picture above in the post.

@Pip313 i checked the intel website and it supports up to 32gb dual channel

Screenshot_5.png

No, that’s what the cpu supports if in a motherboard chipset that can go that high.

your motherboard chipset is h61, it only goes to 16gb in a 4x4gb in boards with 4 slots.

if you have something like a Dell Optiplex usff those only have 2 slots so can only have 2 4gb therefore is limited to 8gb total.

i have 2 slots so i cant have 4x4gb. Should i go and exchange the ram or what??

because i need more ram to play PUBG more smooth , at this time i can play pubg but after my benchmarks i need more ram so i don't have lag spikes

What should i do??

Screenshot_6.png.6f0584d492867c857674b0d7837d6899.png

I edited my last post if you didn’t get the updated version.

yes. Return it, sell it or trade with someone who has 2 extra 4gb sticks.

2 minutes ago, Marius Faur said:

i have 2 slots so i cant have 4x4gb. Should i go and exchange the ram or what??

because i need more ram to play PUBG more smooth , at this time i can play pubg but after my benchmarks i need more ram so i don't have lag spikes

What should i do??

Screenshot_6.png.6f0584d492867c857674b0d7837d6899.png

Just exchange that 8GB stick for two 4GB sticks. Your PC should work with that.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

OK i will go tomorrow and exchange it for 2 sticks of 4gb and i will give a update to this post. thanks for helping me i was hoping i could have more ram.

6 hours ago, Marius Faur said:

OK i will go tomorrow and exchange it for 2 sticks of 4gb and i will give a update to this post. thanks for helping me i was hoping i could have more ram.

As a rule of thumb you generally never mix two ram sticks with different capacities, speeds, or CAS latencies e.g. if you have an 8GB CL10 stick of DDR3 at 1600MHz you don't pair with a 2GB CL10 stick of DDR3 at 1600MHz ram. what you do is you pair it with the exact same kind i.e. 8GB CL10 DDR3 1600MHz + 8GB CL10 DDR3 1600MHz (your motherboard should recognize it easily and will automatically run it in dual channel mode). This rule (for picking out RAM) also helps if you reach better overclocks (once you get a K series CPU).

Motherboard: Asus Z97-Deluxe, Processor: Intel i7-4790K@4.3GHz@1.150Volts, GPU: Asus ROG GTX980 Matrix (with a NZXT G10 bracket and a nzxt x41 AIO liquid cooler), Ram: Kingston HyperX 32GB 1866MHz CL10, PSU: Corsair Hx1200i, Storage: 1TB Seagate SSHD with a Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB SSD, Display: BenQ XL2411Z, Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB, Mouse: Razer Deathadder chroma.  

pc part picker list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/hu0210/saved/#view=qHK6XL

so what should i do buy another stick or just exchange it for a 2x4gb and i am planing to buy a gtx970 4gb oc so what should i do??

2 hours ago, Marius Faur said:

It doesn't boot up because the motherboard itself doesn't support 8GB RAM sticks. Exchange it for 2 4GB sticks and it will be fine; the GTX 970 should work with it as well.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

4 hours ago, Marius Faur said:

If you tried a single stick of 8GB ram and it does not boot up then do what thegreengamers said:

1 hour ago, thegreengamers said:

Get 2 exact same sticks of 4GB ram and it should work without any issues. If it still doesn't work then try clearing the cmos (consult motherboard manual for specific instructions) by either shorting certain on the motherboard or by pressing the clrcmos button on your motherboard.

Motherboard: Asus Z97-Deluxe, Processor: Intel i7-4790K@4.3GHz@1.150Volts, GPU: Asus ROG GTX980 Matrix (with a NZXT G10 bracket and a nzxt x41 AIO liquid cooler), Ram: Kingston HyperX 32GB 1866MHz CL10, PSU: Corsair Hx1200i, Storage: 1TB Seagate SSHD with a Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB SSD, Display: BenQ XL2411Z, Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB, Mouse: Razer Deathadder chroma.  

pc part picker list:

55 minutes ago, Marius Faur said:

i just got this 2 sticks i hope all goes fine and be able to play PUBG with no issues 

15268914940951726065186297222696.jpg

I'm pretty confident that it would work without any issues even if it is second hand RAM. I wish you best of luck man.

pc part picker list:

Thanks to all the people have tried to help me. Yes is true that my mother boar does not support 8gb dims so i bought 2x4gb and all is wirking perfect.

i just need to go to the bios and chage the mhz on the ram because i chage it in the past for one of the test that i did to se why my 8gb ram wass not working.

15269183301692130018690351848840.jpg

15269184934503461562677498583172.jpg

15269185424897711063299849230341.jpg