RAM clearance be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 3

Nekkusu

I'm currently upgrading my system from a i5-6600k to either a i7-7700k or a i7-8700k.

Since i prefer air cooling and id like to hit a somewhat decent OC i need a beefy air cooler.

The Dark Rock Pro 3 is just what i need ( Dark Rock 4's wont be available for quiet some time in my country).

I'm planning to use a ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING (or ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING if i go for the i7-8700k)

I'll be using the RAM from my old build ( Dominator Platinum 8GB x 2 3200hz).

Since im only using dual channel (A2 and B2 Slots) it might just fit but i wanna make sure it does.

Can anyone tell me if the cooler fits? The clearance is too small for quad channel but nobody mentions dual channel.

If the cooler wont fit at all, id be happy about some of your cooler recommendations.

RAM height = 55mm

Thanks for the help yall

I'm going to say no. I'm not sure as be Quiet! doesn't anywhere details on how much you can raise fan. The cooler itself isn't issue, based on pics it will be behind all RAM slots. But fan is at 35mm by default, and usually you can raise it by 10mm. If your case has space for it. It will fit if you move fan from front to back.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

My secondary Build rocks a Dark Rock 3 cooler on a B350 MSI Tomahawk Arctic Motherboard with 16gb of ram: 2x 8GB on A2 & B2

As you can see, the A1 Slot is totally covered by the fan. You should be ok!

32477310_1788364857852456_3862656744345829376_n.jpg

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !