International Olympic Committee (IOC) to host a esports summit in Lausanne in July

ItsMitch

In which the IOC attempts to get its grubby little corrupt fingers in the eSports pie.

On 5/17/2018 at 1:01 PM, SC2Mitch said:

Heathstone, Starcraft II, Pro Evolution Soccer, Clash Royale and Arena of Valor

What the fuck is this selection of esports.... Hearthstone is far too RNG for a good competitive esport imo, Starcraft 2 is so 6 years ago, Pro Evolution Soccer is not a popular esports same if they had chosen Fifa. Clash Royale and Arena of Valor?? Never heard of them. 

I think the olympic commitee needs to stop acting like moralising douchbags if they want this to actually be successful and get CSGO and actually popular esports in there (I guess LoL/Dota 2 as well if we're being fair although I dislike mobas). The implication from the commitee saying some games 'Glorifys Violence' is kinda insulting implying this is one of the primary reasons people play these esports because of course it's not. If this is their selection of games going forward it will fail.

I would also like to see Rocket League as well, big fan of that game. 

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

2 hours ago, Rupe said:

Starcraft 2 is so 6 years ago

Still one of the most active esports scene in the world and in Korea but you can keep touting "old game"

image.png.af5db899bf60c0acc48cab7e3ba181ca.png

58 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Still one of the most active esports scene in the world and in Korea but you can keep touting "old game"

What is this showing? Total prize money ever? Cas I never argued it wasn't at one point very popular. Given current twitch viewership and its previous heights I think it's safe to say it has fallen from grace

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues