Caselabs, Case's question?

MzCatieB

Ok so some people might know that im doing a MASSIVE Computer overhaul next year.

I have been looking at Caselabs cases and they interest me, However i dont know what models will fit the motherboard i have chosen (Asus P9X79-E WS)

does anyone know what Caselabs cases will fit this motherboard? i need something with good space for liquid cooling and upgrade-ability.

Character artist in the Games industry.

Ok so some people might know that im doing a MASSIVE Computer overhaul next year.

I have been looking at Caselabs cases and they interest me, However i dont know what models will fit the motherboard i have chosen (Asus P9X79-E WS)

does anyone know what Caselabs cases will fit this motherboard? i need something with good space for liquid cooling and upgrade-ability.

Notification

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

@Pixxe_Payne if you don't want to go ridiculously huge I would say get the Merlin SM8

@Pixxe_Payne if you don't want to go ridiculously huge I would say get the Merlin SM8

will that fit the motherboard?

Looked around at the Merlin and it looks... promising, the price looks like a massive hit but it feels like the features are justified for its cost

Caselabs cases are quite an investment. But they are top quality.

I would get one myself but I can't justify the cost to myself as I like to get a new case with each yearly build because I get bored of appearances. Which...sounds silly.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Caselabs cases are quite an investment. But they are top quality.

I would get one myself but I can't justify the cost to myself as I like to get a new case with each yearly build because I get bored of appearances. Which...sounds silly.

The plan for the build is a Workstation/Gaming system. im hoping the Titan2 releases in the next few months

The configuration is the issue xD need maximum liquid cooling potential and it is a fair size case... not supper massive

If you want a good visual reference, try going to Ronsanut's youtube channel.  He features quite a few build in Caselab's cases.  He even did a review of the Merlin SM8 recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD5S7wTwogA

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

If you want a good visual reference, try going to Ronsanut's youtube channel.  He features quite a few build in Caselab's cases.  He even did a review of the Merlin SM8 recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD5S7wTwogA

And by recently, I of course mean over a year ago.  Because that's SO recent... :P

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

And by recently, I of course mean over a year ago.  Because that's SO recent... :P

lol, My plan is not to fully liquid cool straight away, i think i will end up doing it in fazes anyway (Rad's + Fans, Pump, Res, then blocks) so it will give me plenty of time plan out what im doing 

lol, My plan is not to fully liquid cool straight away, i think i will end up doing it in fazes anyway (Rad's + Fans, Pump, Res, then blocks) so it will give me plenty of time plan out what im doing 

Then Caselabs is probably for you.  I've used several of their replacement parts for case mods and as I've looked on their site I've noticed that you can create what seems like airtually ANY configuration you can dream up.  It's an investment that will last for a LONG time.  How many rads do you plan on running?  Or have you gotten that far yet?

Then Caselabs is probably for you.  I've used several of their replacement parts for case mods and as I've looked on their site I've noticed that you can create what seems like airtually ANY configuration you can dream up.  It's an investment that will last for a LONG time.  How many rads do you plan on running?  Or have you gotten that far yet?

im thinking 4x120 in the top (Not super thick like most peoples) and 3x120 on the front, BUT im def getting Black interior with white panels .

I'm of the opinion that if you're going to spend that much you should just build it yourself and tailor make it for your system. That being said, +1 on the merlin sm8 or whatever, great case, still fairly large but much much smaller than their other cases

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I currently own the Caselabs Merlin SM8 and it's just awesome! Seeing videos and pictures really doesn't do this case justice because the craftsmanship is out of this world and the case is so damn good looking in person.

The powder coat they use is some of the best I've seen and it's extremely durable. I've bumped into repeatedly with my chair since it's on the floor next to it and not a single mark. Other cases I've owned would get scratched up the very first time. 

The case is big and heavy. Once it's loaded with everything it's a bitch to lift up, especially with radiators filled with water. I'd get the caster wheels they sell when you order the case because you'll need them to make your life easier. 

The biggest thing with Caselabs is you can buy so many different accessories to customize it how you want. You can even mount the PSU in the front center if you buy the mount for it. That frees up the entire top or bottom for a radiator. Also, you can buy the pedal-stool to the top and bottom to expand even further.

The price is a tough pill to swallow for a PC case but you'll be completely satisfied once you get it and build inside. The machining is top notch and everything lines up perfectly! Hell, they even powder coat the thumb screws with the same stuff as the case. They also give you a butt load of spare parts with the case which is nice in case you lose something!

One other awesome feature is being able to remove the motherboard tray, put some wheels on it and use it as a test bench. Being able to pull the motherboard tray out it just an awesome feature, especially for installing CPU coolers!

Here is what my older loop looked like in the SM8. It's different now but this is the only picture I have of the case in the day. Gives you an idea of how big it is!

4mgt.jpg

This is a newer one with the bottom radiator installed. 

9yap.jpg

I currently own the Caselabs Merlin SM8 and it's just awesome! Seeing videos and pictures really doesn't do this case justice because the craftsmanship is out of this world and the case is so damn good looking in person.

The powder coat they use is some of the best I've seen and it's extremely durable. I've bumped into repeatedly with my chair since it's on the floor next to it and not a single mark. Other cases I've owned would get scratched up the very first time. 

The case is big and heavy. Once it's loaded with everything it's a bitch to lift up, especially with radiators filled with water. I'd get the caster wheels they sell when you order the case because you'll need them to make your life easier. 

The biggest thing with Caselabs is you can buy so many different accessories to customize it how you want. You can even mount the PSU in the front center if you buy the mount for it. That frees up the entire top or bottom for a radiator. Also, you can buy the pedal-stool to the top and bottom to expand even further.

The price is a tough pill to swallow for a PC case but you'll be completely satisfied once you get it and build inside. The machining is top notch and everything lines up perfectly! Hell, they even powder coat the thumb screws with the same stuff as the case. They also give you a butt load of spare parts with the case which is nice in case you lose something!

One other awesome feature is being able to remove the motherboard tray, put some wheels on it and use it as a test bench. Being able to pull the motherboard tray out it just an awesome feature, especially for installing CPU coolers!

Here is what my older loop looked like in the SM8. It's different now but this is the only picture I have of the case in the day. Gives you an idea of how big it is!

4mgt.jpg

This is a newer one with the bottom radiator installed. 

9yap.jpg

My plan is to Top and Front mount, not as thick rads as yours though

My plan is to Top and Front mount, not as thick rads as yours though

You should at least go 60mm in the top and 80mm in the front. I wish I would've gone with thicker radiators. However, I had these before the case so no luck. You can do 60mm in the roof push/pull and 80mm push/pull in the front.

You should at least go 60mm in the top and 80mm in the front. I wish I would've gone with thicker radiators. However, I had these before the case so no luck. You can do 60mm in the roof push/pull and 80mm push/pull in the front.

i want it to look clean, im planning on getting the top pannel that lets you have the cap in the top enough to mount the pull fans, means i can get the rad that tiny bit closer.

I emailed them asking about the shipping costs and stuff to the UK,

Like i said im doing it in stages, First getting the Right RAD's then Res & Pump, then pipes and then the blocks last, sound stupid but id like to plan it all out over time rather than spend a few £100 and then fuck it all up xD.

Im thinking of using: http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p12340_Alphacool-NexXxoS-XT45-Full-Copper-360mm.html for the front

and: http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p12886_Alphacool-NexXxoS-XT45-Full-Copper-560mm.html

For the top

I can use the in out options to make them flow in to each other easier then use a 90 degree connection to bring it back in to the case from the top. will give me enough clearance and look nice and neat 

Im thinking of using: http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p12340_Alphacool-NexXxoS-XT45-Full-Copper-360mm.html for the front

and: http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p12886_Alphacool-NexXxoS-XT45-Full-Copper-560mm.html

For the top

I can use the in out options to make them flow in to each other easier then use a 90 degree connection to bring it back in to the case from the top. will give me enough clearance and look nice and neat

It's gonna look odd with 45mm radiators. In mine it looks odd having a 60mm in the front because there's just so much room. Same thing with the bottom, there's a ton of room.

What makes these cases so good is how big of radiators you can fit inside since not a lot of cases can do that without modding.

As for the front, I think you could fit a 120.4 radiator if you don't have anything in the drive bays.

It's gonna look odd with 45mm radiators. In mine it looks odd having a 60mm in the front because there's just so much room. Same thing with the bottom, there's a ton of room.

What makes these cases so good is how big of radiators you can fit inside since not a lot of cases can do that without modding.

As for the front, I think you could fit a 120.4 radiator if you don't have anything in the drive bays.

You have to remember im not building this to look nice, i need it for space, cooling and upgradeability.

The motherboard im using isn't small remember, i might make them thicker though but it depends on what happens when i get the case.

I might get Duel Res's to make it look nicer xD

You have to remember im not building this to look nice, i need it for space, cooling and upgradeability.

The motherboard im using isn't small remember, i might make them thicker though but it depends on what happens when i get the case.

I might get Duel Res's to make it look nicer xD

I've got a feeling that you'll make it look stunning anyways.