Running an Xbox One game on PC?

Go to solution Solved by Valkyrie Lenneth,

microsoft has games that are multiplatform compatible, if u buy them for xone u can also play it on pc and vice versa,    super lucky's tale   < example

however its only with compatible games

if the game isnt crossplatform compatible/multiplatform, no u cant,  its still a console and still has its exclusives thus not possible to play on pc , it  would be the same as trying to run a ps4 game on a pc in that case

Hi everyone. I've resent my heard that you can play Xbox One game from the Microsoft store. 

First of all I wound like to know if It's true. 

Second, could I buy a Skylanders game (mostly for nostalgic reasons) for the Xbox One and play it on PC?

Thanks!

microsoft has games that are multiplatform compatible, if u buy them for xone u can also play it on pc and vice versa,    super lucky's tale   < example

if the game isnt crossplatform compatible/multiplatform, no u cant,  its still a console and still has its exclusives thus not possible to play on pc , it  would be the same as trying to run a ps4 game on a pc in that case

(◑‿◐)

Depending on the games you want to play you can also go the emulation route.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Also worth noting is that you can stream any XBox One game from your One to your PC. Of course, there is a small amount of lag just like Remote Play but unless you are playing competitively, I think you can live with it. I'm pretty sure you can stream any 360 or original XBox game as well. I think the XBox just streams a copy of the video feed so it doesn't matter what you are playing.

45 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Depending on the games you want to play you can also go the emulation route.

goodluck emulating xone xD i bet ur the guy that is jailbreaking it in 5minutes right now no? xD give sauce

(◑‿◐)

5 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

goodluck emulating xone xD i bet ur the guy that is jailbreaking it in 5minutes right now no? xD give sauce

Brain fart on my part, i was thinking original xbox ...duh :P

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

20 hours ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

Do you happen to know if it would be possible with those games?

20 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Also worth noting is that you can stream any XBox One game from your One to your PC. Of course, there is a small amount of lag just like Remote Play but unless you are playing competitively, I think you can live with it. I'm pretty sure you can stream any 360 or original XBox game as well. I think the XBox just streams a copy of the video feed so it doesn't matter what you are playing.

Would i need it connected to my PC via LAN or would network play be useable?

1 hour ago, Supportsneedlove said:

Do you happen to know if it would be possible with those games?

Would i need it connected to my PC via LAN or would network play be useable?

You can do it over LAN or over the internet. I've done it over my home network but I haven't done it online yet because I've been too lazy to do the setup.

Last I knew, the One doesn't exactly support streaming over the internet natively. 

You need to go through a setup and figure out how you plan to turn on the One remotely (I recommend using Team Viewer to turn it on from a local PC using the XBox app).

This should walk you through the setup. https://www.google.com/amp/s/kinkeadtech.com/how-to-stream-xbox-one-to-windows-10-from-anywhere-with-internet/amp/

1 hour ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Last I knew, the One doesn't exactly support streaming over the internet natively.

I did mean over a local network. You said something about being able to stream any Xbox 360 or Original Xbox titel, does that mean they can stream as well or just older games?

On 12.5.2018 at 7:58 PM, Supportsneedlove said:

Hi everyone. I've resent my heard that you can play Xbox One game from the Microsoft store. 

First of all I wound like to know if It's true. 

It is, but you have to look at the store page.

Not all Games support that, only some do.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Xbox Play Anywhere

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

These select titles will play on your PC or Xbox One.  You have to buy them on the Microsoft Store.  A physical copy will only work on the platform you buy it on.

I haven't tested many but Gears of War 4 is an example of one working really well.  I've played many horde matches with my friends (them on Xbox One and me on PC).

3 minutes ago, Majinhoju said:

Xbox Play Anywhere

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

These select titles will play on your PC or Xbox One.  You have to buy them on the Microsoft Store.  A physical copy will only work on the platform you buy it on.

I haven't tested many but Gears of War 4 is an example of one working really well.  I've played many horde matches with my friends (them on Xbox One and me on PC).

Thanks mate